The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for all activities related to the Warehouse Management System (WMS). Responsibilities include but are not limited to efficiency, installing, maintaining, and supporting the WMS. Knowledge of the WMS as well as logistics processes to be applied for training end users, requirements gathering, WMS support, project co-ordination and business analysis. Information management, storage, and analysis of data through computer networks, systems, and computer databases.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 or more years of experience required (kindly note that the years of experience is only a rough guideline, and the appropriate level will be ascertained during the interview process)
- Define business requirements for WMS software upgrades deployment, software upgrades, and system configuration.
- Implement and provide WMS support across applicable facilities.
- Conduct WMS setup and account modifications, training for maintenance, setup for new clients, and upgrades to current clients
- Recommend and manage system changes, including new concepts and system improvement changes.
- Create training documents and resources for system users.
- Where required – develop testing scenarios, conduct systems tests, identify discrepancies, troubleshoot solutions, and provide resolutions.
- Work with warehouse staff on WMS configurations and stock reconciliations
- Assist all departments and other onsite business partners with WMS requests.
- Documents and enforce SOP and best practices, keep training manuals and related documentation updated and available for local use.
- Support all WMS related integrations with different systems.
- Respond to calls, email, and personal requests for technical support.
- Managing and coordinating various projects
- Self-Management – You need to possess the drive and ability to deliver on projects without constant supervision.
- Technical – This role has a heavy emphasis on thinking and working outside the box. You need to have a thirst for learning new technologies and be receptive to adopting new approaches and ways of thinking.
- Logic – You need to have the ability to work through and make logical sense of complicated and often abstract solutions and processes.
- Language – The company has a global footprint, with offices and clients around the globe. The ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English, is a must. Other languages could prove useful.
- Communication – Your daily job will regularly require communication with the company team members. The ability to clearly communicate, on a technical level, is essential to your job. This includes both verbal and written communication.
- Experience as a super user in one or more WMS will be advantageous.
- Understanding of WMS, order management applications and database systems
- 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 13kgs.
- Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.