Technical Writer | IT Recruitment
- Our client is SA’s Best Engineering Firm to Work For, is looking for a Technical Writer. Our team, which forms part of the company R&D, is re-writing On Key (http://www.on-key.com), our Enterprise Asset Management System, from the ground up.
- You’ll enjoy working in a team using a mature development environment where you plan and collaborate with peers. You’ll be comfortable with challenging the status quo and working in an agile SDLC (we use Scrum).
- We are based in Bellville (Northern Suburbs), offer excellent company benefits and value flexible working hours which includes working from home.
- We need you to take full responsibility of the technical documentation process, tools, techniques and standards.
- Matric, Relevant Tertiary Qualification would be preferential
- 3 years working experience in a related role, e.g. technical writing, editing and information design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent with technical writing tools such as MS Word, Flare, etc.
- Ability to develop and edit content according to written standards, and follow established procedures
- Ability to structure information into creative, modern and stimulating user-friendly formats
- Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Screen capture software and the appropriate use of screenshots
- Clear understanding of the software development process
- Experience in developing documentation in an agile software development team (we use Scrum)
- Experience in video screen recording and editing
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. GIT)
- Working with subject matter experts to develop and maintain content.
- Creating and updating user manuals and release documentation.
- Creating relevant examples and use cases that supports documentation.
- Proof reading and editing material to improve quality, readability, consistency and effectiveness of documentation
- Developing material, including user manuals, slide presentations and videos as required
- Close interaction with the Training Development team
- Working closely with Analysts, Software Testers and Developers
What our client need:
- Someone with a passion for technology and documentation
- A self-motivated team player
- The right attitude, above everything else
- Someone that will fit our culture and support our values