Technical Writer | IT Recruitment
We need you to take full responsibility of the technical documentation process, tools, techniques and standards.
- Matric, Relevant Tertiary Qualification would be preferential
- 3 years working experience in a related role such as technical writing, editing and information design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent with technical writing tools such as MS Word, Flare
- Ability to develop and edit content according to written standards, and follow established procedures
- Ability to structure information into creative, modern and stimulating user-friendly formats
- Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Screen capture software and the appropriate use of screenshots
- Clear understanding of the software development process
- Experience in developing documentation in an agile software development team (we use Scrum)
- Experience in video screen recording and editing
- Experience with version control systems (Such as GIT)
- Working with subject matter experts to develop and maintain content.
- Creating and updating user manuals and release documentation.
- Creating relevant examples and use cases that supports documentation.
- Proof reading and editing material to improve quality, readability, consistency and effectiveness of documentation
- Developing material, including user manuals, slide presentations and videos as required
- Close interaction with the Training Development team
- Working closely with Analysts, Software Testers and Developers
What we need:
- Someone with a passion for technology and documentation
- A self-motivated team player
- The right attitude, above everything else
- Someone that will fit our culture and support our values