Technical Test Analyst | IT Recruitment
Minimum years of experience:
- 8+ years in IT industry
- Experience in testing (manual or automated testing)
- Web and digital project experience advantageous
- Agile working experience advantageous
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, X- Ray)
Level of experience required:
Minimum qualification required:
- IT Qualification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of product and application development concepts
- Ability to analyse a process from start to finish
- Perform automated / manual testing of product, document the process thoroughly.
- Compile test cases around business requirements.
- Develop / expand test automation framework of common business scenarios.
- Usability and UX testing.
- Responsible for defect lifecycle.
- Preparation and communication of Test reports during test execution (SIT and UAT) and distribute the results
- Preparation and moderation of Test Entry/Exit Gateways
- Planning and effort estimation for test case execution
- Plan, organize and support test case creation and adaptation
- Participation in Backlog Refinements
- Create test data with reflecting various scenarios.
- Follow up on defect fixes identified during test execution
- Perform manual execution of test cases and defect retesting when required.
- Track new/changed requirements and ensure these are addressed during testing
- Escalate deviations in the plan to Agile Master and Test Manager
- Will liaise with Architect, POs, TM, and developers
- Setup and track a “lessons learnt” – sheet related to test topics
- Ensure that project time allocated to testing are utilized efficiently and effectively.
Generic Technical / Functional skills
- Understanding of integration between different technologies
- Coordination between development and support environments
- Assisting with the business case
- Planning and monitoring
- Eliciting requirements
- Requirements organization
- Translating and simplifying requirements
- Requirements management and communication
- Requirements analysis
- Document requirements in appropriate format depending on methodology followed
- Assist with identification and management of risks
Technical / Functional skills
- Comfortable to work and test Java based applications.
- Strong work experience with Selenium, Protractor, Jasmine (BDD), Karma, Postman, Rest-assured, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Swagger, Rest and SOAP web services
- Worked with tools such as X-Ray, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket.
- Familiar with other testing frameworks along with mocking frameworks will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of AWS stack or cloud-based environments.
- Create technical integration & automated tests suite using automation frameworks.
- Test Execution, Defect capture using X Ray and JIRA
- Maintenance of automation packs.
- Daily execution and reporting on automated regression packs.
- Assist development team with testing requirements.
- Responsible for adhering to and assisting in enhancing the standards and testing methodology of the organization.
- Reporting – with attention to details and correctness.
- Able to perform requirements review & static analysis of code.
- Familiar with agile and testing methodologies
- Continuous Integration / Deployment using Jenkins Pipeline
- Able to set up and work with mocking frameworks such as Test Containers or similar tools.
- Ability to review and pick up new automation tools
- Oracle/PostgreSQL database would be advantageous
- Self-starter – can deliver results unsupervised.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written) with both technical and non-technical colleagues / users.
- Ability to work in international teams where communication may meet language barriers
- Ability to work as part of a team, inter dependent as well as independently and submit deliverables on time and in excellent quality.
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the project.
- Ability and willingness to coach and give training to fellow colleagues and users when required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work after hours on weekends and on public holidays
- Willingness to travel
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and open to learn