Technical Artist Level 1
To create dynamic, industry leading assets
Required skills and experiences:
- Recognised design degree/diploma or relevant industry experience (Including portfolio of evidence)
- Adobe suite.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in the industry or not applicable where you have a Degree/Diploma
- Understanding of 3D modelling
Quality Assured Graphics (Non aligned)
- Check that all files follow the latest template specifications and feeds back any deviations to the relevant parties for correction.
- Checks the functionality of the product, including looking for any graphical errors or deviations in the art files by comparing all files to the product specification, approved screenshots and prototype (where available) as and when required, and feeds back to the relevant party for correction, or where applicable undertakes corrections.
- Optimizes and quality assures all graphics to the required standard, checking against the specification, screenshots and prototype (where available) as and when required to ensure correct functionality.
- Ensures that all elements of work have been thoroughly tested prior to release, documenting any bugs found and communicating with relevant parties to ensure that bugs are fixed quickly.
- Ensures all files are released into the correct release locations and notifies the relevant parties.
- Documents changes and updates to builds and shares that information with teams affected to ensure correct updates are released.
- Supports the product by implementing any fixes or amendments needed, from go live according to the agreed period of time post go-live, as relates to that product.
Designed Graphics and Interfaces for Software Applications
- Creates Interfaces and Graphics based on research and using appropriate templates and best practices
- Applies technical knowledge in the design of high quality graphics and interfaces to ensure all software and interface functionality requirements are met, understanding the theme and maintaining the brand integrity
- Creates a conceptual model/prototype according to brief, ensuring design meets software and interface functionality requirements
- Delivers graphics and interfaces, meeting quality expectations to Team and Art / Creative Director / management within project deadline
- Conducts the necessary research into understanding brand, functionality & project scope and maintains the brand integrity throughout the design process
- Collaborates with Designer and Art / Creative Director on and platform software requirements, such as initial layouts, color choices and basic design of interface
- Ensures creative input and concept approval from relevant parties within the project deadline
- Follows up with Team Lead regarding client feedback and implements any requested changes
Addressing and solving any problems that arise during development and/or post deployment
- Applies technical knowledge in the production of high quality graphics to ensure all the functional requirements are met, using a formula agreed on with necessary parties and as per requirement specification and Masterfile template, within an agreed time period
- Maintains Brand integrity throughout the production process
- Ensures all source files are layered and named correctly, and are archived for reference in the agreed filing structure
- Releases files for handover to relevant parties, in the agreed filing structure within the project deadline
- Co-ordinates and communicates all deliverables to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Addressing and solving any problems that arise during development and/or post deployment
- Understands client needs and expectations.
- Shares information with clients to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Builds rapport and cooperative relationships with clients.
- Responds quickly to meet client needs and resolve problems.
Produced Graphics (Non Aligned)
- Establish project status and completion date of various assets, prioritizing and attending to assets as they become available for production and quality assurance.
- Produces graphics based on project brief (including translations where relevant), upholding brand and following Production process guidelines, templates and check sheets.
- Produces and optimizes all files, ensuring that the format and optimization follows agreed standards.
- Releases all art assets per the agreed release process, within the project deadline, ensuring that all assets are archived correctly.
Manages Translation Requests and Database
- Follows correct processes to add required strings to the database, ensuring that all requests are correct and relevant.
- Upon return of a translation request, upload new translations immediately after notification.
- Carries out required updates to Database translations, maintaining a neat & tidy structure.
- Provide relevant feedback to Translations Support, for the Translation’s Memory to be updated, based on updates done to the Database.
- Provides all necessary information to Project Management for translated animations required.