Technical Architect | IT Recruitment
- The Technical Architect is a seasoned professional who is responsible for specifying and designing solutions based on their technical expertise across one or more technology domains.
- The individual in this position takes responsibility for the successful overall technical design and build of the custom elements of the solution to meet a client’s business requirements.
- “Provides primarily pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions.
- Uses indepth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare
- detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
- May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions.
- May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
- Report only those incumbents with incentives not tied to product sales.”
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Select and apply appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with the agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure that these are effectively applied and adopted.
- Guide successful implementation and execution of system solutions.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the planning and operations processes.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives.
- Design’s components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Provides pre-sales technical support and expertise in analysing client requirements, in conjunction with the client’s current infrastructure, architecture, system capabilities and business challenges.
- Ensure technical solutions accomplish the client’s objectives.
- Work with Solutions Architects (SAs) to produce a technical specification for the solution’s custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Develop the technical design document to match the solution design specifications.
- Lead the scope of work determination, product pricing and RFP/RFI responses and assist with the decision to pursue or abort a deal.
- Manages client proof of concept (POC) initiatives, which require appropriation of appropriate resources, and setup and delivery of the POC.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Demonstrate broad product knowledge integrated with strong technology understanding
- Good understanding of the vendor’s products, business and technology positioning
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and create excellent client relationships with their technical expertise
- Ability to develop and leverage their knowledge of reference architectures
- Ability to maintain knowledge of trends and development in technology domains
- Knowledgeable in core frameworks used
- Strong knowledge of the problem domain that their systems are to provide solutions
Academic qualifications and certifications:
- Qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Certification and working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g., TOGAF, Zachman, SOA, ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Relevant vendor and industry certifications, e.g., Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle,
- Software and programming languages, e.g., C++
- SAFe Scaled Agile certification advantageous
- Proven track record as a developer and architect of new systems/solutions
- Previous work experience working as a systems administrator or network engineer
- Proven client engagement and development consulting experience
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Proven experience in a variety of architectures for specific domain or specialization
- Experienced designer and development know-how
- Project management experience
- Experience presenting technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Experience working in an agile development environment