Responsible for creating and updating automated scripts required to run automated regression testing process. Responsible for debugging results and maintaining existing scripts and up to date test packs. Could be responsible to identify and analyse functional business changes in the system, analyse failed test results, raise defects and control versions of scripts. May plan script changes and schedule daily workload.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 with mathematics
- Degree or Diploma and/or required Certification with 3 to 5 years related experience.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level.
- Ideal 3 year tertiary qualification in Business and Information Technology (B Comm. Information Systems)
- Use of Postman
- IT Software Development Life Cycle.
- Software test design and test execution methodologies
- Best practices for Quality Assurance
- 1-3 Agile Methodologies and processes
- Standards and governance.
- Experience in Test automation and scripting
- Experience using SQL to interrogate and analyse data
- Financial /Insurance Industry
- To accurately test all developmental tasks in accordance with business requirements
- To apply system, regression, performance, negative, scenario and integration testing methodologies
- Strict adherence to time lines
- Design and execute test cases
- Planning, monitoring and reporting on allocated test responsibilities
- Knowledge transfer and acquisition
- Automation and Manual testing
Knowledge and Skills:
- Regression testing and scripts
- System testing, analysis and reviews
- Business Requirements
- Logs and tracks and resolves defects