Support Analyst – Business Intelligence
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive & driven individual to join the Retail IT Business Intelligence Domain as a Support Analyst. The role will enable the individual to gain cross system knowledge specifically as it relates to the Retail IT applications.
- Data analysis and SQL skills and experience.
- Experience working in Retail Investment Management is advantageous
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent documentation & communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Detailed oriented and self-motivated
- First line support for the team with regards to queries from the business (internal and external queries).
- Field day-to-day questions from business and IT teams related to the applications managed by the team.
- Write SQL to facilitate data extract requests received from stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills are required including the ability to collaborate well across teams and within a team environment.
- Provide continuous and timeous feedback to users on the progress of queries and incident requests.
- Analyse incident requests and share findings with the team in an effort to reduce queries over time.
- Generate monthly extracts timeously.
- Update the SQL for the monthly extracts as required.
- Maintain the SQL repository and ensure that the process is documented in Collab.
- Work with the team to ensure that the extracts are automated.
- If a query is a production defect, assist with the analysis, documentation and prioritization of the defect.
Ensure Business Continuity
- Monitor the data warehouse for integration failures.
- Work with business and Retail IT stakeholders to ensure that integration failures are resolved.
- Analyse failures and assist with the prioritization of the resolution.
- Proactively identify improvements that can be made in the support space and work with the Product Owner to raise concerns and suggestions.
- Manage and maintain the team Collab pages as relates to Support.
· Keep track of deadlines and self-manage to align with deadlines