Our client requires a Solutions Architect, ultimately to help the client through projects and following their enterprise strategy of building out their strategic aspirations and bolstering their current team.
- Hand hold initiatives and then handovers to service providers where necessary post architectural planning etc.
- They would need to help translate the myriad of business requests into high level of effort estimates and engage with our service partners to come up with a solution architecture should the project proceed beyond level of effort.
Type of projects that they are dealing with are varied, but examples are:
- New applications which require an understanding of how to integrate them and connect them across our various divisions / networks / firewalls
- Printer optimisation – Move to managed print
- Review of their Postillion architecture where they have had failed DR tests
- Planning for DC consolidation – Understanding of their workloads and sequencing of moves
- Essentially operate in helping document and shape requirements as well as in some instances finding out what they have across the estate to help inform technical solutions.
- Intel, AIX, Linux
- End user devices – Assessment of new devices / standards
- Application servers – Up to the application layer
- Voice and communication service’s
- Don’t need EA’s, they will be working solely in the infrastructure space