Solution Architect – Supply Chain
As a recognized authority in supply chain technologies, the Solution Architect creates and maintains the architectures for the supply chain platforms and architecturally contributes to the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target state. Extensive subject matter knowledge of supply chain is essential, including Supply Chain Management, Demand & Supply Planning, Merchandise Planning, Allocation and Replenishment
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
- Architecture Framework Certified (TOGAF, ZACHMAN)
- 10 yrs working experience within the IT industry
- 5 years Excellent architecture and design skills and proven track record delivering well-architected complex enterprise-class systems
- 5 years Expert understanding of supply chain management architectures
- 5+ years Supply chain management technical experience and understanding of the current supply chain management requirements
- 5+ years experience with supply chain management in the domains of Supply Chain Management, Demand & Supply Planning, Merchandise Planning, Allocation and Replenishment
Support the Supply Chain Domain Architect with the Supply Chain Strategy, develop supply chain roadmaps and reference architectures, and assist with the governance of the technology selection in the supply chain domain:
- Provide input into the technology strategy and business priorities for supply chain management in the enterprise.
- Support the domain architect to develop the company supply chain management landscape roadmap and blueprints in line with the strategic business direction
- Maintain, socialize and enforce supply chain management standards, keeping technology stakeholders up to date with changes in the technology standards highlighting potential impact on the enterprise.
- Be clearly identified as the supply chain management solution architecture authority for all supply chain management technology and provide technical guidance and leadership in supply chain management technology proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Keep abreast of the latest supply chain management technology trends and emerging technologies, determine the potential impact on the enterprise, and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Create and present reference architectures as advice on the supply chain management architecture strategy for the organization.
Serve as the supply chain solution architecture and design authority for all project and operational stakeholders, and ensure architecture quality across all solution platforms enabled by supply chain technologies:
- Be clearly identified as the senior design authority as it relates to the supply chain management domains and provide technical guidance and leadership in solution proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architect and other Solution Architects in support of the definition and development of the overall retail solution landscape.
- Detect critical deficiencies in supply chain management architectures and recommend improvements.
- Work with external service providers to drive projects to successful implementation.
- Review external and internal designs for supply chain management systems from a risk and technology perspective Ensure applicable Architecture and Design reviews are conducted for supply chain management solutions in line with the defined IT governance and processes.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to development teams to ensure high-quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases that conforms to architecture principles and standards.
- Mentor senior developers / designers / business analysts
Provide expert supply chain guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the supply chain strategy and technology standards and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee:
- Define and develop the overall supply chain management architecture landscape in partnership with the Supply Chain Domain Architect.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with architecture principles, the architecture framework, supply chain management reference architectures, set technology standards and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect to supply chain management solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry best practices and standards
Contribute to solution architecture and design standards and SDLC governance requirements:
- Contribute towards the framework for Solution Architecture and develop the policies and procedures and templates to guide and govern the Solution Architecture processes.
- Develop and maintain solution architecture principles and quality compliance criteria to guide technology decisions.
- Develop and set solution modeling standards and guidelines.
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain management
- Extensive experience with supply chain management Architectures, Migrations and
- Implementations Implementation experience of various supply chain management vendor solutions (e.g. JDA, SAP, etc.)