Solution Architect MEA
The Solution Architect ensures that the company customers get the most from our solutions by owning the technical relationship with the customer throughout the engagement. This means being involved from technical pre-sales, through solution design and go-live.
The Solutions Architect dovetail the sales team and must serve as trusted technical advisor to help the customer make key technical decisions. The Solutions Architect also assists, where needed, in managing relationships with partners and resellers, by ensuring the value proposition is well understood, and that the partners are appropriately skilled and equipped.
The role will require visits to customers, so periodic travel in MEA region should be expected. You will be the point person for SA, Africa and Middle-East.
- Technical pre-sales support
- Engage with customers’ technical stakeholders to articulate key differentiators of our solution and address technical objections.
- Educate the customer to see the value in our solution.
- Act in the role of technical business analyst where you will analyse customer requirements to make sure that their needs are met by the solution proposed
- Actively participate in the RFP process and provide technical input where required
- Host workshops and training sessions with customers’ technical resources, providing them with an in-depth understanding of how our products work and how best to utilize it within their organization
- Pre-project work (no project registered yet, being able to get involved in a chaotic environment and lead customer to a point of a structured project)
- Map out a roadmap for customer, technically and feature business value
- Join the project manager in partaking in customer project progress meetings to provide risk mitigation support and best practice guidance
Post go-live technical relationship
- Take part in customer strategy sessions to ensure that their technical strategies are aligned to benefit from company’s product roadmap
- Assist customer to integrate wider into Company solutions
- Engage with company’s product analysts in requirement development to assure that our solutions address the practical needs of our customers
Qualification & Experience
- Engineering, Computer Science or relevant IT degree.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in a software development environment, preferably in a customer-facing role
- Experience in financial services, telecommunications or mobile industry beneficial
- Requirements management exposure will be an advantage
- South African citizen
Skills and Competencies
- Strong technical communication skills: the ability to articulate the key differentiators of our solution and engage in technical discussions with customers.
- Ability to host workshops and training sessions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowing what will work: the ability to empathize with customers, their needs and frustrations while maintaining a professional relationship and meeting commitments
Must be obsessed with enabling each customer to get the most from our solutions