Software System Designer | IT Recruitment
To translate business, other stakeholder requirements and user stories into system requirement and act as a link between business analyst, other requirements stakeholders and the software team. To translate overarching end to end design into detailed designs and provide technical leadership to the software developers and other designers.
- Must come from coding and design background (engineering, Computer Science, IT diploma, self-taught courses)
- Recent programming experience (No older than 5 years)
- Years – This can vary, around 10 years’ experience in the Software Solutions industry. This however is not a hard and fast rule, as the opportunities that the candidate has been exposed to are more important.
- Leadership – Examples of technical leadership not Team Management, but rather leading a team of developers with regards to the technical solution being implemented. Things to look out for here are both Stakeholder engagement and Execution team engagement.
- Significance of responsibility – The examples given in the CV need to be substantial in nature relative to the business that they are being undertaken in.
- Teams / team size – Evidence of having lead teams of +6 people from a Technical Perspective. Once again not Team Management.
- Type of projects – The more breadth associated with the end-to-end solution required to deliver the project, the better.
- Not only from other banks, but any software industry also experiences – The experience must cover the design and development of Software Solutions.
- Uniqueness of role (not only Infrastructure or Integration Solution Architects BUT a fully-fledged well-rounded Designer)
- Comparable (Tech Lead, Tech Specialist, System Analyst)
- References of track record