The main goal of this position is to combine technology and design to create inviting, easy-to-use websites for consumers. This role will form part of the IT Product team and will regularly engage with teammates and clients to design, develop, test, implement and support current and future solutions.
As a Front-end Developer, there will always be an expectation to help and upskill teammates, through knowledge and experience sharing. Likewise, to learn from past experiences and the knowledge of fellow teammates.
- Design, develop, test and implementation of software solutions
- Writing and implementing quality and high performing code
- Working with the product owner to develop the overall look and design of the product
- Client-side development with programming languages such as Blazor
- Producing, maintaining and modifying the product’s look and feel to keep up to date with the latest trends
- Incorporating applications, graphics, audio and video clips into the product
- Ensuring the product is accessible across many platforms, including laptops and smartphones
- Routinely testing websites for ease of use, speed and other quality factors
- Fixing any website issues or bugs that arise
- Mentor and train development team
- Self-Management – Applicants need to possess the drive and ability to run with the project and (From conception to user satisfaction)
- Technical – Experience in our core technology stack is essential, but recognise that many skills and technologies will be learnt on the way
- Problem solving skills are essential
- Language – English, is essential, other languages would be beneficial
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience required
- MS SQL Server
- Entity Framework (beneficial)
- Azure DevOps (beneficial)
- Test Driven Design (beneficial)
- Software Architectural Design Patterns and implementation
- 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 13kgs.
- Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.