Main Purpose of the job:
As a Software Developer, reporting to the Manager: Shared Services and Business Applications, you will be responsible to produce innovative, reliable and efficient software to support the divisions internal and external systems.
Qualification and Experience:
- Relevant degree/diploma, OR relevant experience with official certification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Software Development
- 2- 5 years of Linux experience
- 2 – 5 years development experience in Python
- 2 – 5 years MySQL experience
- 1-3 years Django Experience
- Experience in RabbitMQ an advantage
- Apache/Nginx experience an advantage
- Perl experience an advantage
- Go experience an advantage
- AWS / Azure / Terraform experience an advantage
- DEVOPS experience and advantage
- Architect and design software solutions
- Develop support and maintain software
- Integrate disparate systems in a maintainable manner.
- Produce clean and reliable code
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Test code according to requirements
- Perform code reviews and participate in code reviews.
- Maintain lives systems, databases and servers
- Gather requirements form key stakeholders
- Document requirements, designs and implementations effectively
- Communicate between and manage interactions between business, finance, technicians and support.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven managerial, leadership, organizational, interpersonal and verbal capabilities
- Flexible, self-organized and display high level of initiative and operate effectively under pressure.
- Teamwork experience essential
- Proven Agile experience
- Continuous delivery experience
- Systematic, disciplined, flexible and analytical
- Effective time management
- Customer Service orientated
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Results Orientated
- Influence / Communication Skills