Software Developer (Junior) | IT Recruitment
Primary purpose of the role:
The primary purpose of this role is to be a great developer. You will form part of a larger development team and will regularly engage with your teammates and our clients to design, develop, test, implement and support the solutions that we have in place, and the solutions that we are planning to build.
- Design, develop, test and implementation of software solutions within the company
- Internal and external (client) support
- Writing and implementing quality and high performing code
- Development, maintenance and implementation of software tools, processes and procedures
- Research and development
- Testing and evaluating new technologies
- Identification of areas of improvement
- Collaboration with developers from other teams to implement the best solutions possible
- Self-Management – We don’t believe in micromanagement. You need to possess the drive and ability to take project and run with it (From nothing all the way to getting a smile and thumbs up from our clients).
- Technical – Experience in at least our core technology stack is essential, but we do recognise that many skills and technologies can be learnt on the way. We regularly look into new technologies and platforms to improve our current and new solutions.
- Logic – Things don’t always make sense. You need to have the ability to work through and make logical sense of complicated and often illogical solutions and processes.
- Language – The company has a global footprint, with offices and clients practically everywhere. The ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English, is a must. Other languages could prove to be useful.
Our Core Tech Stack:
- MS SQL Server
- WCF and Rest Web Services
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- SA citizenship