Role / Purpose:
The primary responsibility for the Software Developer – ICT will be to support and the development of .Net applications within the Financial Service environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
• BSc Computer Science / Information Systems, BCom Informatics, B-Tech or related IT;
• MCDP – Visual Studio.
• MCTS – SQL Server;
• MS SharePoint Server;
• Windows Workflow Foundation.
• 4 – 6 years ASP.net and Windows Services Development;
• Design and development of new enterprise systems;
• Estimation of project deliverables;
• Implementation and use of patterns and best practices;
• Successful migration of at legacy systems;
• Support and maintenance of existing and legacy custom developed systems;
• Testing and use of automated testing software;
• Understanding of information security best practices and development standards;
• SharePoint Development;
• Integration between heterogeneous systems;
• An understanding of the investment services industry.
Role / Responsibilities:
• Responsibility for Risk Management;
• Responsibility for implementing and maintaining controls relevant to the position
• Analyse and resolve software errors accurately on time and provide required status reports
• Assist in development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines
• Assist in the investigation and resolution of technical problems across the organisation
• Assist in the investigation and resolution of technical problems within the software development area
• Convey project objectives, risks and success criteria to stakeholders
• Design and develop new software programs and applications assisting other developers and analysts
• Develop software programs and applications passing through all stages
• Guide junior software developers in improving their skills
• Proactively explore and propose new technologies for adoption within the technology ecosystem
• Providing technical and architectural documentation for internal and external consumption
• Resolve problems with software products or company software systems working with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers
• Suggest, plan and implement software improvements and upgrades
• Write, translate and code software programs and applications commensurate to specifications
• Develop software within the Microsoft stack using SQL server and c#
• Experience in developing software systems that integrate with non-Microsoft systems
• Proven ability up skill and learn independently
• Provide constructive feedback on code reviews.