Senior Web Developer | IT Recruitment
- Our Mobility Division requires a Senior Web Developer due to growth.
- They will be required to Technically lead for development, design and implementation of web-based solutions as part of the projects team.
- Collaborate with Developers, Account Managers and Project Managers.
- Estimate development tasks and execute well on project schedules. Interact with clients to create requirement specifications for projects.
- Innovate new solutions and keep up with new emerging technologies. Mentoring of other developers.
Qualification / Professional Registrations
- Required (not-negotiable):
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate (Matric)
- Advantageous (nice to have):
- A relevant university computer science degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 48 months HTML experience.
- A minimum of 48 months CSS experience.
- Experience working in a cross-functional agile team.
- Proficiency in technical architecture and high-level design, as well as test driven development.
- Senior Developers must be able to perform as a Tech-Lead with the following tasks:
- Technical lead for development, design and implementation of web-based solutions as part of the projects team
- Collaborate with Developers, Account Managers and Project Managers
- Estimate development tasks and execute well on project schedules
- Interact with clients to create requirement specifications for projects
- Innovate new solutions and keep up with new emerging technologies
- Mentoring of other developers
- Advantageous (nice-to-have):
- 3 years computer science degree or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with REST based API integration
- GitHub Actions/ Microsoft Azure DevOps
- E2E testing frameworks such as Cypress
- Experience in Firebase web analytics
- Customer Centricity
- Demonstrated history of delivering completed projects
- Billable hours
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Documentation skills, i.e., the standard and quality of documents
- Maintaining technical documentation in Confluence
- Solid proficiency in CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap, Bulma, and Tailwind
- Solid proficiency in CSS layouts including CSS Grid and Flexbox
- The ability to solve problems
- Proficiency with industry standard front-end development frameworks, products and tools.
- 360 review
Learning, Growth & Innovation
- The Web Developer will work in a professional and comfortable work environment where the core focus is on learning, growth, knowledge sharing, teamwork and collaboration
- The Web Developer must work in a team with other developers within boundaries of strict project deadlines
- The Web Developer will be exposed to all major Microsoft technologies and excellent training opportunities both internally and externally
- This exposure also occurs through the different engagement models being project-based development, placements, outsourced teams and support and enhancement engagements
- The Web Developer will either be based at the Britehouse a Division of the company Head Office or at a customer site
- The Web Developer must also be willing to do business travel to customer sites as per business requirements
- The Web Developer must be able to work from home with a sufficient internet connection required to attend daily stand-ups, regular sync and planning sessions, check in code daily and perform all relate development functions while available online
- HTML experience
- CSS, CSS layouts and CSS Framework experience
- Single Page application framework experience
- REST API integration experience
- Clean architecture design implementation
- Visual Studio Code or similar web related IDE experience