Senior Technical Test Analyst
- Our Client is a start-up in the Financial Technology industry looking for a Senior Technical Test Analyst (Mobile Automation) with focus on Mobile Native apps on Android & iOS and back-end systems on Linux OS. You will play an integral part in a cross-functional, global team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment & maintenance.
- If you’re familiar with Agile methodologies and feel at home working in a start-up environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience in software automation testing with a focus on Mobile Native apps on Android & iOS and back-end systems on Linux OS
- Must have very strong knowledge and extensive experience in Excel and SQL
- Must have experience in an Agile work environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Mobile automation hands on experience
- Experience in integration testing preferred
- SQE Experience in web and mobile automation
- Proficient in object-orientated Programming (OOP)
- Proficient in Mobile Application development and mobile testing
- Proficient in the use of SOAP and RESTFUL services
- Proficient in the use of testing tools and frameworks (Postman UI, JMeter, Android Studio, Mobile devices)
- Proficient in the use of build management tools (Bitrise)
- Proficient in the use of test reporting tools (Github, Zenhub)
- Proficient in creating business based functional Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test scripts, Test specifications and Traceability Matrix.
- Qualifications & Experience
- BSc degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Testing qualification ISTQB TTA/ISEB
Responsibilities and work output:
- Work as part of a development team to define a roadmap for unit testing within different projects.
- Identify areas that need test coverage via unit tests
- Identify functionality that needs coverage via mobile tests
- Develop testing scripts for manual user testing, and refine manual scripts into automated tests
- Comfortable explaining technical details to non-technical people
- Comfortable explaining user needs to the development team
- Read through project documentation and roadmap and create testing strategies and test plans to cover new features and interfaces
- Working knowledge of data structures, open data standards, and moving data via APIs
- An ability to convert automated testing scripts and manual testing processes into user onboarding documentation
- Participate in roadmap and feature planning as part of the development team
- Participate in daily stand-ups (via online conferencing facilities, i.e., Zoom)
- Be prepared to collaborate with remote teams across different time zones, which may occasionally require working outside usual business hours