Senior Systems Engineer (MIS / MES / MOM)
The position requires a person who will be involved in the role of solutions developer working with a team who are responsible for development, commissioning and/or support of Manufacturing Operational Management (MOM) / Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and SCADA Systems for industries throughout SA
Qualification and Experience:
- Grade 12/Matric
- BSc Electronic Engineering, IT degree or relevant technical / engineering diploma or at least 5 years
- 5 Years Project experience (MIS / MES / MOM, Automation Control).
- 5 years
- Full project life cycle experience (URS, FDS, TDS, Testing, Commissioning & Support).
- COTS implementation experience
- Interface Development experience
- .NET, MS SQL and MS Reporting Services experience
- Use skills and experience in object-oriented development using .NET in combination with commercial off-the-shelve (COTS) solutions to develop and maintain system interfaces in utilities, mining and manufacturing companies.
- Project work on (COTS) products such Wonderware, GE, Schneider, TrakSys, OSI.
- Will also require .NET development skills and know how to incorporate this into a COTS frameworks.
- The person will report to one of the Project Managers responsible for a project and will be working in a project team environment.
- He/she will be required to implement and test the operational management software design in accordance with client approved technical specifications using commercial PC’s in a network environment.
- Maintenance and support of developed applications.
- Should be self motivated, able to work without supervision, deliver according to predefined milestones / dates, adjust easily to change in a development environment; Should have good analytical skills
- Own transport required
- Be in a position to spend periods of time on site at the clients
- Must be willing to learn and gain experience in the field of manufacturing and automation
- Human Capital
- Develop skills to be able to operate and support applications independently and retain good working relationship with rest of the PMC team.
- Ensure client satisfaction by pro-active identification and resolution of issues
- Assist in maintaining profitable performance of PMC
- Quality Process
- Consistently maintain a high quality of work ethics within and outside the client environment
- Technical aptitude and understanding of ISA-95 domains and levels
- Certification in Level 3 COTS technology
- Understanding of the automation (level 1 & 2) and ERP (level 4) environment
- Understanding of integration issues between real-time and transactional systems
- Understanding of Processes and Manufacturing
- COTS implementation certification 1 MOM analysis, design and documentation 4 Communication skills 3 Development and coding within a production environment using MS technologies 2
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building a successful team
- Building strategic working relationships
- Continuous Learning
- Contributing to team success
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Delegating Responsibility
- Developing Others
- Follow up
- Managing Conflict
- Time Management
- Planning and Organising
- Quality Orientation
- Stress Tolerance