Senior Specialist: Strategic Account Management or Senior Key Account Manager
Job Description Summary:
- Directs and coordinates activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
- Manages both direct and matrix resources whose functions include: development of plans, process impact and redesign, change management, communication, training, delivery, implementation of financials and monitoring of performance of implemented solutions, and continuously improve implementation capability.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns specific duties.
- Reviews financial statements, sales, activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
- Determines areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establishes and implements departmental policies, goals, objectives, procedures and may confer with board members, organisation officials and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements and oversees the human resources processes.
- Monitors business to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide the needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- To implement a MAP for Key Account allocated, update the plan monthly according to the required
- time schedules and present the changes at the monthly Strategic Account Meeting. The documented
- Strategic Key Account Plan is a tool to, first and foremost, be of most use to the Strategic Key Account
- Manager and his/her account team (made up of representatives from each appropriate, performing the role of Account Manager, and thereby managing and maintaining a MAP which feeds the Strategic Key Account Plan)
- The overall purpose of maintain a Strategic Key Account Plan is to set the strategy for the account with the intent; to build on or improve relationships and to ensure revenue retention & revenue growth by highlighting and managing opportunities & risk
- The ultimate measure is to add value to the client’s business – in everything that they do. The Strategic Key Account Plan is an executable action – oriented document that answers the basic question: “so what are you going to do and achieve with this client”.
- The Strategic Key Account Manager cannot achieve these objectives on their own; so, the Strategic Key Account plan is also the theme and glue that brings the entire account team together, integrating the various MAPs into one consolidated view, onto the same page (regarding the agenda we have for
- the client) irrespective of level – from senior executives, to technical personnel, to billing clerks. It is the document that aligns goals and purpose, enabling all to execute as a team in front of the customer. Even more importantly, it attempts to galvanise our team to become part of the customer’s team. This is achieved by gaining agreement on select portions of the account plan with the customer.
- Recommend and manage the P&L and budget for the respective Key Accounts and monitor financial performance so that the business is aware of anticipated costs and revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance and improvement opportunities and that the team focuses on delivering against P&L targets to meet the company financial performance targets.
- On an ongoing basis, examine current operational processes to identify and implement potential operational improvements that will positively impact upon service, profitability and cost performance for the business unit.
- Identify and facilitate sales and business growth opportunities and constantly keep the commercial goals on the operations leadership teams’ radar.
- Drive collaboration across industries and service lines, including collaboration, performance, cross and upsell opportunities.
- Ensure the effective implementation of strategies and plans through thought leadership to ensure that the highest level of performance is achieved, and objectives are met.
- Maintain an extensive network of internal and external contacts to ensure that the Key Account is optimally managed in its understanding of business, economic and commercial challenges and opportunities.
- Lead relationship building initiatives with Principal Vendors including playing the lead role in negotiations with respect to pricing, procurement and inventory control.
- Coach, support, mentor and challenge Key Account Managers in the application of effective operations practices, provide advice and guidance on complex issues to minimise risk and ensure performance.
- Business Management degree or equivalent qualification
Years of Experience
- At least 8 years progressive experience within a professional services business, including the demonstrated ability to manage, deliver and grow Strategic Key Accounts.
- At least 8 years solutions sales experience with a documented successful track record in selling high end services, rich and complex IT solutions in the banking solutions industry.
- Good Business Acumen
- Corporate Governance
- Auditing processes
- Solution Sales Methodologies
- Relevant Industry/Domain knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Conflict management
- Customer relationship management