- The primary purpose of this role is to be a great developer. You will form part of the Integration team and will regularly engage with your teammates and our clients to design, develop, test, implement and support the solutions that we have in place, and the solutions that we are planning to build. There will always be an expectation that you help to upskill your team-mates, through knowledge and experience sharing. And likewise, to learn from the past experiences and knowledge of your fellow teammates.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 8 or more years of experience required (kindly note that the years of experience is only a rough guideline, and the appropriate level will be ascertained during the interview process)
- MS SQL Server
- WCF and Rest Web Services
- Entity Framework (beneficial)
- Azure DevOps (beneficial)
- TDD (beneficial)
- Software Architectural Design Patterns and implementation of such
- Project and Product Management
- Design, develop, test and implementation of software solutions within the company
- Internal and external (client) support
- Writing and implementing quality and high performing code
- Writing and implementing high quality unit tests
- Development, maintenance and implementation of software tools, processes, and procedures
- Research and development
- Testing and evaluating new technologies
- Identification of improvement areas
- Assist with peer and code reviews
- Collaboration with developers from other teams to implement the best solutions possible
- High level of expertise required in all aspects of development
- High level of flexibility required
- Server Updates
- Assist with the Hiring Process
- Self-Management – We don’t believe in micromanagement. You need to possess the drive and ability to take project and run with it.
- Technical – Experience in at least our core technology stack is essential, but we do recognise that many skills and technologies can be learnt on the way. We regularly look into new technologies and platforms to improve our current and new solutions.
- Logic – Things don’t always make sense. You need to have the ability to work through and make logical sense of complicated and often illogical solutions and processes.
- Language – Our organisation has a global footprint, with offices and clients practically everywhere. The ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English, is a must. Other languages could prove to be useful.
- 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 13kgs.
- Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.