Senior Software Developer Level 1
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join their dynamic team, in the gaming space. If you have a detailed understanding of the SDLC and consider yourself extremely passionate about making games, then we are your team!
Required skills and Experience:
- Relevant qualification
- Relevant technical skill
- Appropriate problem solving skills
- Effectively prioritize
- Effective time management.
- Work under pressure.
- Software analysis and design skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical coaching skills
- Able to successfully collaborate
- Technical leadership
- Understand and stay abreast of software development methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of code design patterns
- Ability to understand complex code.
- Track record of effective troubleshooting.
- Experience in Typescript and Angular (Advantageous)
Developed and maintained software
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of your product and understand it’s internal and external dependencies
- Analyses requirements and creates an appropriate software design, in conjunction with other Developers, according to best practice and organizational initiatives and objectives.
- Assist and guide team members with their requirement analysis and design.
- Collaborating with senior colleagues in creating and maintaining the team’s SDLC.
- Communicates status and escalates on risks and issues appropriately and timeously.
- Comprehensively creates and maintains documentation of the software and system design and implementation, according to documentation standards.
- Creates appropriate task estimates and reviews them with the team. Supports the team in task estimation reviews.
- Develop, maintain, adhere to and oversee application of development and documentation standards, and team processes
- Develops and releases software as per the team standards and processes to meet the defined specifications or requirements within the agreed time.
- Ensures that the development or maintenance performed does not compromise the quality or functionality of the software.
- Provides technical leadership in understanding the project complexity, scope and risk for your product.
Growth of people
- Agrees technical coaching strategy with team leadership and play an active role in the coaching.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to provide technical help with the view to upskill other team members.
- Proactively shares knowledge about the operational environment.
- Proactively shares knowledge within the team and with key stakeholders.
- Readily shares knowledge when tasked or approached.
- Ensures the team’s products use appropriate technologies and stay abreast of new technologies which could be leveraged to improve the product offering.
- Good understanding of the product lifecycle, including on production environments and operational overheads.
- Seeks to understand the business drivers for the team’s products and ensures that the architectural vision and design solution align with these business drivers.
- Works with other senior developers and architects to create and maintain the architectural vision for the team’s products.
- Actively drives the improvement of the team’s quality standards and processes.
- Actively review and fix all defects found as per the defined quality standards.
- Facilitates team code reviews with the view to improve the quality of the team’s software and upskilling of other team members.
- Help others improve the quality of their work.
- Make sure your software does what it supposed to do as per the defined specification.
- Takes full ownership of quality by working with the QA team to ensure the test plans are of a high quality and cover the full scope of development.
- Test all changes you made and ensure that existing functionality works as expected.
- Test your software as per the team’s software quality charter.
Support and maintenance
- Provide effective and timely feedback on support issues.
- Provides support for product related issues in production with appropriate urgency
- Provides support to dependant teams.
- Adaptably Resilient
- Collaborative Relationships
- Communicate and Influences Effectively
- Decision-Making Quality
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Resourceful and Improving
- Strategic Mindset