Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will be expected to manage multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously, applying the below Project Knowledge areas across projects.
Integration, Scoping, Project costings, Scheduling, Quality management, Resource Management, Risk Management, Communications management, Procurement, Stakeholder engagement and project closure
Experience & Qualifications:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Information Sciences or Project Management
- 5-8 years technical Project management experience
- 5 years Managing projects focused on developing software components
- Project management certification
- Thorough understanding of Agile Principles
- Thorough understanding of SDLC
- An understanding of Software design principles will be advantageous
- Collaborate with Business Analyst, Systems Engineer and project stakeholders to determine and agree on project scope.
- Define Roles, Responsibilities and deliverables for each project discipline
- Facilitate High-level software design sessions.
- Facilitate project effort estimation sessions
- Defining of WBS and creating of project plan in MS Project or appropriate tool
- Setting up of JIRA projects and creating of Jira tickets to carry out the defined plan
- Project communication of project plans, project meeting minutes, project reporting.
- Facilitate regular project updates with project stakeholder/s
- Facilitate regular project meetings like daily stand-ups, sprint retrospectives, risk and issue resolution, change management, status check-ins
- Manage and control of project schedule using JIRA and MS Project
- Collaborate with System Engineers, Architects and Team Leads to fully understand the none functional and quality requirements needed to deliver your project/s
- Leading and motivating the project team
- Managing of vendors including keeping track of hours booked versus approved amounts as per works order.
- Building ongoing relationships with line management and other company departments required to deliver the end product.
- Understand the company software release process and become enabled to manage multiple releases to the client.
- Take ownership for taking project/s through the quality environments at the client site.
- Ensure creation of functional and nonfunctional documentation
- Documenting of Software release plans
Skills and Knowledge Experience
- Proficient with MS Projects or similar software and MS Office applications.
- Experience in Project Administration
- Understanding of the PMBOK Process Groups and Knowledge Areas
- Experience working within a software development environment
- Demonstrate experience in leading a project team
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Analytical with strong problem solving abilities.
- Organized, structured with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Assertive, managing boundaries well.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic project environment.
- Manage change well.
- Team and people orientated.
- Open and approachable, but firm.