Senior Project Manager R-15345
The primary responsibility of the Senior PS Project Manager will be to interface with all project stakeholders to take projects from original concept through to final implementation, including handing over to Operations.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Advanced Degree or relevant project management qualification
- PMP certification
- Prince 2 advantageous
- At least 8 – 12 years’ working experience
- Minimum 6 – 8 years’ project management experience , preferably multi-national technology services environment
- Proven client engagement experience
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Good understanding of, responsibility for and ability in all aspects of the fullproject life-cycle
- Proactive approach and a service orientatedaptitude
- Advanced verbal and written communication, negotiation and influencingskills
- Strong business acumen and good understanding of general technologyconcepts
- Ability to manage customer satisfaction, commitment and expectations tohigh service levels and manage escalationsadequately
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues at alllevels
- Ability to work in high-pressuresituations
- Ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaborationand the understanding ofbusiness
- Ability to manage urgent and complex taskssimultaneously
- Willingness to travel to clientlocations
Provide pre-sales support
- There is an expectation for the Senior PS Project Manager to engage with the Pre-Sales & Sales teams in order to adequately scope and cost project solutions.
- The pre-sales scoping of the project would involve the completion of a proposal that includes the detailed task schedule, resource allocation and cost breakdowns
- During project delivery or client engagement, the Senior PS Project Manager is expected to identify opportunities and influence the sale by conducting a business conversation with the client and positioning company’s consulting and professional services offerings.
Manage project delivery
- The Senior PS Project Manager ensures that the project delivers the as-sold solution, remains within baseline budget and is delivered on time, while achieving quality criteria and maintaining client satisfaction. This individual will manage delivery of the project according to the PMBOK knowledge areas and in line with company’s Primer methodology.
- This includes rigorous project scope control and management of change variations. They also communicate with key stakeholders regarding the status of their projects. Project set-up, resources and operations are efficiently managed, possibly with the assistance of the Project Coordinator or Project Administrator.
Ensure client satisfaction
- The individual manages client satisfaction, commitment and expectations to high service levels and manages escalations adequately. They act as the single point of contact between company and the client whilst taking accountability for all escalations relating to the project. These individuals also ensure that the Project team displays the right level of client engagement.
Project team management
- The individual needs to be able to lead teams effectively within a matrixed environment. They act as people managers and provide feedback to the relevant line managers.
- The Senior PS Project Manager ensures that the project team has access to the project management tools and have the general means to perform their role. These individuals will coach and mentor project team members and colleagues.
- As corporate citizens they act as role models to the teams and are personable individuals. They display assertiveness and act as an example when it comes to client satisfaction. The individual possesses advanced communication, influencing and negotiating ability. They display confidence and the ability to manage large teams of people.
- They are detail focused with problem solving ability. They display the ability to coach and mentor their teams.
- Strong business acumen and a good understanding of general technology concepts are required. The individual works towards advanced project management certification.
- The individual is an expert in project change management. The individual has an excellent understanding of project life cycles, and takes responsibility for all aspects of the projects. The individual will be required to promote project services to both external and internal clients.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- In this position you will be required to:
- Leads and directs concurrent standard or complex Primer projects.
- Engage with stakeholders to take projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Provide pre-sales support by working with sales teams to scope and cost a project solution which includes the completion of a proposal.
- Ensure that the project delivers as-sold solution, remains within the baseline budget and is delivered on time whilst maintaining quality criteria and client satisfaction.
- Manage delivery of the project, including rigorous scope control and change management.
- Ensure client satisfaction and manages escalations, acting as single point of contact to the client.
- Act as people manager and enable project teams to deliver against performance objectives.