Senior Manager: Wholesale Acquisition | IT Recruitment
Lead, define and deliver the acquisition strategy and business plan for growth and performance of the Business Sales across all Wholesale Business sales channels and ensuring alignment of Business Sales Strategy with the requisite sales strategies, market plan, operational strategy, products/services offerings. Driving market growth through acquisition and increasing the Wholesale Business customer base as well as to develop strategic partnerships in alignment with Business Sales Strategy & Objectives. Transforming Wholesale Business Sales with Business to Business including SMME, Business to Consumer and Business to Government propositions Ensure achievement of sales revenue and acquisition targets on a consistent basis and in line with defined Business Sales budgets, setting KPIs and performance targets. Manage the performance of the Business Sales team, dealers & partners through the development and implementation of specific business models and KPIs. As part of the leadership team the primary function is leadership and performance management, creating the right environment for the Business Sales team to carry out their strategic mission for the Business Sales Business unit and align to the company’s overall business strategies of revenue growth, customer experience excellence and maximizing returns to shareholders.
- Post Grad Degree Qualification in Sales/Marketing – Hons
- Qualification in Business Management advantageous
- MBA Preferable
- Minimum of 10 – 12 years of relevant/related years of Experience Of which a preference of accumulated experience
- 10 years relevant Sales experience – dealing with the Corporate, SME & SMME and Government market of which min of 5 years in a strategic leadership role
- Experience in Technology and Digital Services industry
- Telecommunications experience advantageous
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets
- Used to presenting and negotiating on senior executive level
Strategy & Operations
- Lead the Business Sales strategy in the development and execution of appropriate sales strategies aligned to & not limited to Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO), Business Services Providers (BSP), International Roaming and Carriers Services.
- Manage the Business Sales budget and planning, working closely with various business units including all domains within Wholesale Business, Technology Group, Digital, Analytics to ensure the successful launch of products and services.
- Promote the company and Wholesale Business as the preferred digital lifestyle company to exploit opportunities for profitable growth and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Ensure the Business Sales teams execute campaigns and have proper marketing channels.
- Establish, develop, and manage vendors to fully support the Wholesale Business sales strategy.
- Define and manage the roll out plan in alignment with the overall commercial strategy.
- Identify and sift new business opportunities in line with Wholesale Business strategy, including new channel types such as digital services, SME, B2B, B2C, B2G & manage relationship with downstream channels (operations support teams) to ensure growth and efficiencies.
- Negotiate and evaluate contracts with suppliers and partners to ensure enhanced growth, low cost, and compliance to the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Negotiate contracts and trading agreements with potential new and existing partners.
- Lead the development and maintenance of KPIs and/or SLAs against own sales team and vendor performances.
- Determine strategy towards increasing market share either through capturing customers new to the market or from the competition.
- Oversee the Direct & Indirect Sales operations and ensure all strategic initiatives deliver profitable volume growth as well as delivering a superior competitive advantage.
- Support the planning and delivery of customer solutions.
- Support the execution of consumer-centric marketing activities (customer engagement etc.) to support the strategy.
- Ensure sufficient demand & pipeline is created and pull strategy through appropriate marketing and sales tactics.
- Ensure sufficient data availability for optimal outbound sales (push).
Manage cost of acquisition, development and forecasting of offerings
- Ensure Wholesale Business Sales cost of acquisition targets are met through developing appropriate offerings
- Manage forecasts on a monthly rolling basis or ad-hoc basis for the Wholesale Business Sales.
- Develop appropriate deals to achieve cost of acquisition and sales volume targets, keeping ARPU and other targets in mind.
Measurement and analysis
- Develop and maintain a sales Operations dashboard
- Identify sales trends and customer profiles through data mining and analysis
- Measure Sales Operations performance to ensure ARPU growth and churn management
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports for division
Cost & Budget Management
- Prepare, control, and administer the Sales budgets
- Provide support and inputs to the Wholesale budgets
- Develop and implement policies to achieve savings
- Manage cost tracking and variation reports
- Inform Executive timeously of potential over-spend
- Make recommendations for budget-affecting change requests
- Lead and motivate staff to effectively deliver objectives, ensuring development opportunities, appraisal and management systems are embedded and relevant HR procedures are adhered to
- Provide an advisory, support and mentorship function to enable staff to grow within their career
- Maintain a low staff turnover rate.
- Initiate the appropriate Labour Relation action required within the department
- Establish, evaluate, and guide the department’s Employee Performance Management programme
- Set Key Performance Indicators targets and goals as per the department’s strategy and business objectives.
- Recruit employees: assign and direct work, oversee their development, identify training needs, and maintain staff competence
- Uphold HR policies and procedures
- Apply and adhere to the company Health and Safety procedures and rules.
- Ensure all activities meet and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations, health and safety compliance, environmental policies, and general duty of care
Perform any other Related duties as requested by Management
Leadership Competencies aligned to the Business Model – 2021 – Mandatory Section
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ): The ability to recognize, understand and manage oneself and one’s own emotions and to recognize, understand and influence the emotions of others
- Diversity and Inclusion: Enabling and supporting a diverse workforce in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully with equal access to opportunities and resources and can contribute fully to the organization’s success.
- Influencing with Integrity & Ethics: The capacity to direct the performance and development of the organization by creating a values-based culture of trust and authenticity
- Agile Leadership: The ability to lead teams through volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity
- Change and Innovation: Leading change and improvement to move the organisation ahead and enhance organizational effectiveness
- Outcome-Based Orientation: Taking ownership and accountability for delivering the required goals and results