Senior Java Developer | IT Recruitment
You will be responsible for technical design, development, and implementation of end-to-end client facing applications, business/technical capabilities and frameworks.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of full-time software development experience.
- Relevant IT Qualification.
- Java 8+
Frameworks and specs:
- Spring Boot
- REST service design (Open API) and Implementation
- Consuming Rest/SOAP based services
- Knowledge of Java EE 7+
- Microservices, clean code, software patterns
Runtimes and tools:
- Apache Maven
- Git / Gitlab
- Agile (Scrum)
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Design and develop highly performant Java applications.
- Consume secured REST API’s.
- Adhere to architecture principles and policies.
- Experience designing n-tiered applications (multi layered architecture).
- Contribute in design sessions.
- Analyse impact of proposed changes to programs and provide estimates.
- Produce code that is easily maintainable.
- Produce code that adheres to functional and technical specifications.
- Adhere to technical standards.
- Produce code that is well documented.
- Assist other developers.
- Perform quality assurance checks / code reviews.
- Contribute to the establishment of best practice standards.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Perform unit and system testing.
- Work closely with DevOps Engineer(s) to ensure deliverables are automated
- and monitored
- Ensure audit, security and access control requirements are adhered to.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Understand the business, channel and user experience strategy. Provide design direction to best meet customer and business goals.
Customer/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Anticipates, meets, and exceeds customers and stakeholders’ expectations. Has a high operational accountability and directly influences customer service through design.
Drive for Results
- Requires good time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
Leads Change and Innovation
- Challenge the status quo, does what is right for the business and the customer, and encourage continuous improvement and innovation.
- Create and maintain an open, positive working environment.
- Team spirit: strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
Self-awareness and insight
- Manages self and relationships with others effectively, deals with ambiguity, uncertainty and pressure.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Is sensitive to individual and cultural differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.