Senior Java Developer
Experience & Qualifications:
- An IT related degree (BSc, BEng) or Java certification – essential
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the development of object oriented enterprise Java systems is essential
- Working knowledge of Java, JEE (EJB, JPA, JSP, JSF), WebSphere Server, WebSphere Portal
- Linux experience is advantageous
- System and application analysis and design
- Java application development of server-based Java components and web applications written using established frameworks and object-oriented methodologies.
- Application integration with back-end systems.
- Application maintenance, support and performance monitoring. Ensure that the integrity and stability of systems and applications are upheld
- System and application documentation
- Ensure that the teams technical roadmap and solution implementations are aligned to the organizational technology roadmap
- Help institutionalize software engineering best practices
- Interact with users, business analysts and product owners to gather, interpret and understand business requirements.
- Interact with project managers and provide work estimates for projects
- A common set of competencies are required that support the company values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Innovation, Integrity and Diversity.
- The following list of characteristics guides the competencies that we will be looking for in successful candidates.
- Computer Application Development
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Results driven team player with high energy levels
- Ability to work independently/unsupervised and to function effectively within a team
- Ability to perform under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Good understanding of the design and operation of distributed computer systems, computer networks and protocols
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Have a flexible approach to changing priorities in an agile work environment