Senior Full Stack Developer | IT Recruitment
- The Domains within Institutional IT are responsible for the design, implementation and support of the technology solutions that enable the Institutional business area and central the company business functions (Fund Operations, Performance, Trading, Investment Management and Client Servicing) to achieve their business objectives.
- The team strives to provide long-term solutions in a timely manner while ensuring stability, consistency, and scalability.
- The company Institutional development team is an environment where growth is encouraged and individuals who display initiative; willingness to learn and stretch themselves are given of opportunity to do so; the acquisition of new skills, both business and technical, is supported wholeheartedly. Our client is currently excited about migrating their Apps to AWS Cloud – this would be an opportunity to join in the learning curve.
- Our client is looking for a Developer with to join a team responsible for developing new solutions and supporting the existing systems in a challenging business environment.
- Our client strives to build sustainable solutions where developers ideally write code they never have to touch again; their ideal candidate is detail oriented and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. Their web applications follow a micro-services approach where the backend services are built primarily of REST API’s using .NET Core, running in containers in their Kubernetes cluster.
- Their front ends are written as ReactJS single page applications. Their previous generation desktop applications are built using WPF and WinForms.
- Degree or diploma in an analytical, quantitative field such as computer science, engineering, business science or similar.
- Strong academic performance
- Interact with business users, Business Analysts, and other Developers to understand new requirements.
- Write technical specifications and develop new functionality to the company standards and deadlines.
- Participate in design and planning sessions.
- Understand how their existing systems work, how they fit into the overall architecture and what they achieve for the business.
- Analyze issues reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of code changes.
- Experience in mentoring Junior Developers
- Proficiency in a database technology such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing.
- Experience in interacting with business users to understand requirements and managing the implementation of system changes.
Experience with any of the following would be advantageous:
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Message queueing technologies (e.g., RabbitMQ).
- Event driven architecture.
- Cloud (preferably AWS).
Key Attributes & Competencies:
- A positive, can-do attitude, willing to learn and persevere.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills.
- Good communication.