Senior Front-end engineer (React Native)
- Our client is a startup in the Financial Technology industry looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to build performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms, including design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of key software solutions.
- You will play a leading part in a cross-functional, global team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment & maintenance. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required. Work will primarily be remote.
- If you’re familiar with Agile methodologies and feel at home working in a startup environment, we’d like to meet you.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Front-end developer with a strong focus on React-Native)
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
- Familiarity with native build tools
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Understanding and grasp of Agile development and Scrum practices
- Solid SQL / relational database experience
- Solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Experience with automated testing suites
- Familiarity with version control (GitHub)
- Flexibility and deadline driven
- Excellent communication, teamwork & organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Team leadership and mentoring
Responsibilities and work output:
- Translate UI designs and UX wire-frames into high-quality code
- Build pixel-perfect, smooth UIs across both iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Optimize components for maximum performance
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Write technical documentation
- Participate in daily stand-ups/ad-hoc design sessions as and when required (Via online conferencing facilities, such as Zoom)
- Be prepared to collaborate with remote teams across different time zones, which may occasionally require working outside usual business hours