Senior Backend Developer
We are looking for very talented Senior Developer who loves to tackle new technology, solve interesting challenges and make great products.
An ideal developer for this role will have solid fundamentals in computer science, experience in LAMP stack and OO software development. You’re willing to work with and learn from others.
You must be comfortable taking initiative, working as a team and proactively take the lead whenever necessary. You’ll have the ability to solve problems quickly and sustainably.
- Working with technical leadership to design and implement new services, improve on existing services and create new services and products
- Architecting, designing and scaling solutions for web related development
- Evaluating and adopting new technologies
- Assist in creating, maintaining and promoting best practices
- Assist other developers through mentoring and code reviews
- 6+ years experience in backend or full-stack software development – 6 years is a benchmark but if you are a STRONG developer with great experience it’s what you can do that counts
- Experience using CodeIgniter, Laravel or other PHP frameworks (WordPress)
- Experience in delivering RESTful micro-services in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Proficiency in Java, C#
- GIT, Version Control understanding to a high level
- Proven experience and skill in client-server technologies, and cluster architectures and deployments
- Experience and ability in system design, and hands on experience presenting to the team(s)
- Killer interpersonal skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication
It would be a plus if you had:
- Experience building distributed systems leveraging AWS or other cloud services
- Familiarity with chat / messaging systems
- Familiarity with front-end technologies, such as HTML5, SASS, jQuery, manipulating canvas and three.js
- Working knowledge with Grunt, Gulp and Webpack
Market related for a senior level with 6+ years experience.