Senior Avaya Collaboration Engineer
The Collaboration (Collab) Engineer (L3) is a mid-level position in the CX & Collab Engineers job family and is proactive in identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restoring service to clients by managing incidents to resolution. Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions. The Collab Engineer (L3) focuses on third line support for high complexity incidents.
Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years Telephony experience in both Analogue, Digital & IPT
- Certification in Avaya IP Office (ACSS & AIPS)
- Certification in Avaya Communication Server (ACSS)
- Certification in Avaya Auro Administration & Support (ACSS)
- Certification in Avaya Hospitality & Messaging (ASPS)
- SIP Certification
- Writing of Technical Documentation (LLD/HLD/UAT)
- Good understanding of DECT & Wireless Technology
- Experience in SIP, Analogue Trunks, Basic Rate ISDN & Primary Rate ISDN
- Preferable experience in: Avaya Call Pilot, Avaya Contact centre, Nortel BCM, NORTEL CS1000, Audio Codes, Oracle SBC, Certification in Cisco CCNA, Far South IP PBX
They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts. Where software is a component of the solution they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors
The Collab Engineer (L3) identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur. He or she will log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary. They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests
They investigate second line support calls assigned to them and identify the root cause of incidents and problems. They ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests. This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members. They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary. They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 3nd line support team.
Ensure continuous feedback
They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by company procedures.
When required they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk. They assist in analysing, assigning and escalating the support calls. They also provide telephonic support to clients where required.
They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
Collab Engineers (L3) that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity. They complete and maintain any shift hand hover schedules.
The Collab Engineer (L3) is also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes. They identify failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
Collab Engineers (L3) that are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by the company and the client when relevant. Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
In this position you will be required to:
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational and that software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per Company procedures.
- Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
- Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and short-comings.
- Focus on third line support for high complexity incidents.