Senior Asterisk VOIP Engineer
Our client is seeking a Qualified Senior Asterisk VOIP Engineer with strong technical ability to join the Telephony Infrastructure and Operations Division.
The VOIP engineer will be responsible for deployment, monitoring and maintaining both PBX and Call Centre environments using Asterisk and related software.
Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 3+ years specialization as an Asterisk Engineer.
- At least 7 to 10 years Infrastructure/Telephony/VoIP experience
- In-depth Linux/RedHat/CentOS experience
- ITIL Certification essential.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and IP routing protocols
- SIP Hard & Softphones experience
- Experience configuring handsets
- Ability to run SQL queries
- Sold understanding of CISCO network infrastructure and VoIP
- Day-to-day operational support of VOIP platforms.
- Deployment, upgrading, monitoring and administration of VOIP Infrastructures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve phone features and application issues.
- Provide prompt and accurate services with regard to status of Incident or Service requests to our customers.
- Participate in a 24 x7 on-call rotation with peers.
- Coordinate with team and perform installation and migrations.
- Assist management with all high priority projects, participate and prepare technical presentations.
- Perform troubleshooting on all voice services for all LAN and WAN.
- Provide second and third level support for all Contact Centres, Back-office and Branches issues.
- Adhere to proper Change Control processes.
- Maintain Business, Customers and Telephony team relationships.
- Disaster Recovery planning and execution.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized, attentive to details, and able to meet demanding deadlines.
- Possess a positive, proactive attitude.
- Excellent problem solver with ability to logically troubleshoot.
- Strong technical orientation.
- Able to think clearly in stressful situations.