Senior Administrator – Trade Support | IT Recruitment
The Senior Administrator – Trade Support primary responsibility involves the accurate, timely and correct confirmation of all local and international trades to counterparty allegements and the instruction of settlement to the relevant custodians.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and a minimum of 5 years applicable experience.
- Knowledge of most major custodial systems as well as OMGEO is a distinct advantage.
- Sound understanding and experience of international trade settlements.
- Experience in using Decalog and trade matching applications are an advantage.
- A good understanding of MS office & IT packages (particularly Excel).
- Knowledge of international securities markets is an advantage.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accountability for the matching and settlement of transactions executed in all South African and Non-South African Markets
- Liaising with clients and third parties to resolve unmatched trades: Ensuring that all settlement instructions reach the custodian timeously and that all trades are committed for settlement within the required market timelines
- Accountability for investigation and resolution of unmatched transactions or failed trades
- Ensuring that all queries raised by internal and external clients are resolved within required timelines and to the required standard
- The reporting of unmatched trades to clients within required timelines and driving resolution thereof
- Maintain professional relationships with all third parties including custodians, brokers, and vendors
- Identify, investigate, design and implementation of process developments
- Risk management including design and implementation of controls
- Providing support to across Middle Office teams and other users in the organization
- Responsible for managing the implementation of any testing
- Ensure all team business process documents are up to date
- Point of Contact for projects, as is applicable
- Assist in logging IRs on Salesforce
- Provide assistance in the monthly management KPI deliveries
- Provide support to the Team Leader/Manager
- Supervise and train junior team administrators.
Skills and Competencies:
- A high attention to detail and structured approach to work.
- Above average communication skills (written & verbal).
- Confident & enthusiastic, and a quick learner.
- A track record of successfully working within a team.