The Security Business Operations Manager operates at a business unit and local level in Dimension Data. They support the establishment and optimisation of the day to day operational activities of the business unit in country.
The primary objective of this position is to enable the execution of the business unit strategy by ensuring an optimal operational environment for the managers and employees. The operational enablement through processes, methodologies, tools and systems should facilitate the implementation of the strategy; implement the achievement of business targets and the smooth operations of the business unit.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in Economics / Finance / Information Technology
- At least 8 – 10 years’ work experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in operations roles preferably within a security technology environment
- Strategic project and/or programme management experience
- Experience in financial analysis and analytics
- Exposure with international operations
- General operations management experience in an IT Security organisation in various disciplines, e.g. sales support / finance at a global scale
- Proven experience in driving alignment to a common vision and working across multiple stakeholders to achieve results
- Experience as a people manager (direct or indirect or virtually)
- Strategic project and / or programme management experience
- Good experience in financial analysis and analytics
- Direct experience in multi-regional or country governance Demonstrated experience in executing strategy
Personal Attributes and Skills required
Skills and knowledge
- Strong understanding of the IT Service Industry operations, and how the business works
- Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- A strong business and commercial orientation with the ability to build a scalable business unit
- Strong operational management skills with the ability to establish programs
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information clearly and succinctly
- Decision-making skills and ability to build a cohesive team
- Excellent leadership skills to create and communicate a vision for the operations role
- The ability to recognise opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement
- Strong big picture vision as well as the ability to get to the detail and be able to interpret that into different levels in the organisation
- Vision, focus and energy to push boundaries and accelerate the achievement of near and longer term strategic objectives
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations where the achievement of year-on-year financial improvement is a requirement
- Ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaboration and the understanding of business
- Ability to manage urgent and complex tasks simultaneously
Role / Responsibilities:
Implement and execute strategy
- The Security Business Operations Manager provides input to strategy formulation and the setting of strategic services direction and takes ownership of the strategic execution within his/her area of responsibility and They direct the operation to meet budget and other financial goals, directing short-term and long-range planning and budget development.
- Contribute directly to the successful execution of services. These individuals develop and implement a system of tracking and reporting on the progress of strategic plan implementation at a local level.
- Ensure that all department heads are fully informed of the operational objectives of the business.
- Employee will hold key relationships across the business unit and service unit internally and also externally to the key vendors, partners and channel partner contacts to execute on the strategic vision. These initiatives will be delivered by developing harmonious working relationships both internally within business unit / service unit / central functions / regions, also externally with partners and vendors to develop best practice and governance.
Establish and manage operational efficiency
- This employee takes responsibility for ensuring that key policies, processes and methodologies relating to business unit operations are developed, implemented and adhered to.
- Employee will own the development and maintenance of high quality local business unit operations and delivery methodologies and teams to support key growth practices.
- Individual will drive adoption and compliance to these methodologies, process and policies.
- Take responsibility for designing and enhancing business processes, tools, and operating models to improve the productivity in support of the regional organisation whilst ensuring compliance to corporate policy.
- Security Business Operations Manager will represent business needs by liaising with other departments to improve business processes and operations between groups to maximise efficiencies and effectiveness for the business.
- Manage business growth
- These individuals participate in acquisition and growth activities at a business area and local level that support overall business objectives and plans.
- Ensure quality control of all business area output pertaining to client acquisition and the delivery of services.
- Advise the management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions.
Ensure performance management
- The Security Business Operations Manager will establish performance goals, allocate resources and assess the policies of senior management with the leadership team of the business unit.
- Set operational and/or performance goals for each department which are aggressive, achievable and linked to long-term goals.
- Establish and monitor performance reporting systems and monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that progress is being made.
- Ensure that operational activities comply with organisational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations and general duty of care.
Business improvement management
- The Security Business Operations Manager works with internal teams to define, collect and gather root-cause analysis for the security business issues as they are uncovered.
- Support the change management program to implement the future state of the Security operating model.
Commercial and financial management
- This individual will be required to develop innovative commercial and pricing models (Including optimized transfer pricing methodologies) for the business unit to enable the go-to-market regions to be competitive in the marketplace.
- Contribute to the development of an annual budget to operate the business unit and manage expenditure against this budget.
- The Security Business Operations Manager will be responsible for the management and leadership of the team involved in methodologies, systems, and reporting and tools.
- Support resource management, time tracking and reporting of all group funded business unit resources and will also liaise directly with the regional operations team to develop, govern, and manage appropriate business unit operations.
- These individuals are action orientated and proactive and are entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative in their approach to operational management. They are inspirational leaders who are actively involved in the day to day operational activities of the business area.
- The Security Business Operations Manager is an assertive individual who is able to lead, plan and manage change effectively. They have good verbal and written communication skills and can work effectively in a team environment. Their leadership skills, strategic capability, proactive approach and ability to execute are key components that ensure success in this position.