Security Business Development Manager
Position Summary and Position Objectives
The Security Business Development Manager uses his/her understanding of security solutions to evaluate and define key target markets. He/she will hunt and create security business development opportunities, contributing to the pre-sales process by working with internal stakeholders to craft the best IT security solution design for the client. They research target market requirements, by establishing the key business drivers, determining the barriers to entry and identifying the key competitors. They advise on the compilation of target market penetration strategies and estimate the size of the opportunity in the short, medium and long term. Their market analysis and client research becomes the basis for the opportunity qualification. This individual understands the competitive environment to pursue very complex and profitable deals for the company by aligning the client’s opportunity with the company strengths. He/she will work with country teams to qualify and support suitable opportunities including client sponsors that will champion the agenda.
The Security Business Development Manager, in close cooperation with the relevant sales and technical teams, identify potential clients in the target markets and gather intelligence on these clients to assist with the identification of the best holistic strategies to approach and to convince them of the company value proposition. In selected potential clients, they will research their current business divers, their business strategic objectives, internal investment areas and key stakeholders to inform the client account strategies.
They contribute to the accurate preparation of sales forecasts with the Security Sales leadership. This employee will demonstrate the compnay’s capability and offer unique perspectives to recommend solutions in line with the client’s needs and priorities. He/she will influence the client at every stage of the buying cycle by leveraging on their specialist skills and knowledge of technology solutions and services. The Security Business Development Manager will generate demand by engaging with senior stakeholders in the client’s business to position the Security value proposition.
Ensure business models
The Security Business Development Manager contributes to the definition of the most suited business models to be used for different target market areas by identifying the most suitable value propositions, preferred partner configurations, cost structures and revenue models. In this regard they will partner with colleagues in the finance functions to determine optimum pricing models. Through their business development activities, they contribute to a consistent go-to-market approach. The Security Business Development Manager will promote a consultative engagement, in collaboration with any consultants who are familiar with the most appropriate development model/assessment to help clients understand their business productivity requirements & investment options.
The Security Business Development Manager will partner with members of the marketing team to inform the design of go-to-market campaigns that will be used to target the potential markets and clients.
Market penetration strategy
They also use the information gathered on target markets, potential clients and most favourable business models and partner with the Sales Management teams to define the most effective strategies to penetrate markets effectively. These individuals will work closely with vendors to predict strategies for solutions and services and will articulate the associated impacts with clients. Also, this person will work closely with the company Global Team represent the service product from a commercial, sales and operational perspective. They will drive focussed service development feedback into the product development process based upon client relevance, market trends and dynamics and client opportunities.
Up skill sales teams
The Security Business Development Manager assists with the up skilling sales teams on the Security solution value propositions for target markets and assists with the training of sales in relation to the evolution of the service product lifecycle. They also provide support on client proposals and submissions. They ensure that sales employees have the ability to improve attack and up selling at clients.
The activities of the Security Business Development Manager is reflected in various reports and analytics that provide the organisation with planning information and data on pipeline, closed business for specific market areas and an analysis of the success of market penetration strategies.
Security Business Development Managers are assertive in their approach and display excellent persuasion and influence ability. They use their expert negotiation skills and deep knowledge of the business and solutions to ensure new business development. They possess excellent communication skills (both verbally and written) and employ these skills to interact with a variety of stakeholders. They are expert presenters and use their initiative to drive innovation and identify potential opportunities. This employee will be have good understanding of Security solutions area with broad knowledge across multiple different solutions or areas with a sound level of industry knowledge and commercial acumen.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Commerce Degree
- At least 5 – 8 years’ work experience
- Atleast5years’experienceinBusinessDevelopmentwithinalargescale (preferably multi-national) technology services environment across a range of services including Security and IT outsourcing
Experience & Qualifications:
- Evaluate and define key target markets, create Security business development opportunities and qualify suitable opportunities.
- Identifypotentialclientsinthetargetmarketsandrecommendsolutionsinlinewith the client’s needs and priorities.
- Identify the most suitable value propositions, preferred partner configurations, cost structures and revenue models for different target market areas.
- Partner with members of the marketing team to inform the design of go-to-market campaigns.
- Define the most effective strategies, using information on target markets, potential clients and most favourable business models, to penetrate markets effectively.
- Up skill sales teams on the solution value propositions for target markets, provide training on the evolution of the service product lifecycle and provide support on client proposals and submissions.
- Produce various reports, data and analytics on planning, pipeline and closed business and market penetration strategies.
Personal Attributes and Skills Required:
- DemonstrateknowledgeandunderstandingofITindustryenvironmentandbusiness needs
- Possess a good understanding of risk, financial and business models
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global IT Security industry
- Demonstrate business and commercial orientation
- Display business and technology savvy with a good understanding of relevant technologies and applications
- Possess good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess the ability to persuade, negotiate and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain solid stakeholder relationships
- Possess the ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaboration and the understanding of business
- Possess the ability to manage urgent and complex tasks simultaneously