SAP Authorisation Consultant | IT Recruitment
Minimum years of experience:
- 6 + years’ experience
Level of experience required:
- Expert (0072, 0495)
Minimum qualification required:
- Relevant IT / Business Degree
SAP Authorisations Applications Operations, Details of Main Tasks:
- Applications operations support for Authorisations.
- Providing 1st level support to users; adhering to documented processes. Providing 2nd level support to processes where documented.
- Recording, routing, and monitoring all reported incidents using ITSM to the company incident management process.
- Liaising with other fix groups and other plant based or central support organisations within the company.
- Taking ownership of incidents reported by users, through to resolution.
- Adhering to document the company escalation processes.
- In the course of normal duties, identify and report discrepancies in documented processes.
- Manage general queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Recording ALL incidents using the company standard toolset.
- Use of the standard the company knowledge database tools (currently Primus).
- Monitoring logs for user queries.
- Liaise with development/team leads on user’s access requirements, new transactions, role creation etc.
- Enforce SAP security and SAP development guidelines.
- Provision of technical security and authorisations support and guidance to both the business and the SAP support teams.
- Delivering security and authorisations support for new project releases.
- Responsible for ensuring prompt resolution of security and authorisations incidents.
- Provide support to user departments in achieving the approved company authorisation objectives.
- Ensure user and role creation is done in accordance with the company group standards and guidelines.
- Provide user support in understanding processes related to SAP Authorisation.
- Responsible for ensuring SAP security compliance to internal controls and good practice implementation in SAP authorisation policies to mitigate business risk
- Role Design
- Role Build (Role changes/new roles (single and Composite)
- 2nd Line Support
- ITSM change ticket creation
- Share knowledge and business process with team members to ensure that handover of tasks is a simple and effective one.
- At least 4-6 years analyst experience Good ability to do basic trouble shooting
- Experience in MS office products (Strong Excel Skills required)
Generic Technical / Functional skills
- SAP Module Configuration
- Development documentation
- Analyze and solve SAP Module issues
- Conduct SAP Module process configuration
- Update and maintain all SAP Module functional documentation
- Analyze and scope End-user authorization roles
- Conduct Unit tests, Integration tests and System Integration security tests
- Proactively propose solutions to improve the support of (new) business processes
- Support the functional team with issues and provide a solutions-based approach
Specific Technical / Functional skills
- SAP Authorization in all modules
- SAP ERP especially in SAP HR
- Extensive experience in Applications Operations
- MS Excel (Strong Formula knowledge)
- Good understanding of system landscape to design adequate and governance compliant to secure role design and user provisioning.
- Proven experience roles design, and support within an SAP environment.
- Good problem-solving capabilities are necessary to investigate and propose alternate solutions for compliance conflicts.
- JIRA/Confluence knowledge advantage (Agile)
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work interdependently as well as independently and to submit deliverables on time and with excellent quality
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with both technical and non-technical colleagues / users
- Strong ability to understand and interpret business needs and requirements with an aptitude to move concepts through to proposal and successful implementation
- Should be willing to deal with (talk to) our customers. In most cases they will be foreign customers and language barriers might exist.
- Strong presentation skills
- Above-board work ethics
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the project
- Ability and willingness to coach and give training to fellow colleagues and users when required
- Willing and able to travel extensively, for up to 2 weeks at a time (international).