Qualifications and experience:
- B Com (Law) or equivalent in risk & financial services
- 4-5 years risk and auditing experience
- Fully bilingual
- Previous experience within investments / financial services will be a distinct advantage
- JSE BDA system Personal qualities
- Strong numerical orientation
- Highly organized with a high level of customer focus
- Accurate and detail orientated
- Critical and analytical capability
- Ability to perform well under pressure and show maturity, confidence and resilience
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-Active approach to work, clients, problem solving
- Learning agility and curiosity
- Passionate ownership for results
Knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the Private Client industry
- Risk exposure
- Experience of working on the JSE (BDA) system
- Assist with the designing and implementing of an overall risk management process for the organisation as well as the maintenance thereof.
- Assist with the risk assessment, which involves analysing; identifying and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Gather information for monthly risk reporting to the various stakeholders.
- Conduct risk audits at Corporate and Branch level.
- Assist with the monitoring of; and FAIS registration of advisors.
- Participate in projects and initiatives to ensure pro-active risk management.
- Provide support to internal clients with risk matters.
- Assess and monitor operational risks
- Assess and monitor IT risks
- Assess and monitor vendor risks
- Assist with admin related to the Risk Form.
- Assist with management around cyber-crime processes.
- Create and update a monthly dashboard to monitor risks in the business