Our client is currently seeking to recruit a RF Designer.
• National Diploma, Higher National Diploma or a BTech Degree (Electrical Engineering – light current) Advantageous
• 5 years experience
• Technical knowledge, relating specifically to RF, communication systems, antennas and radios
• Posses good fault finding and analytical skills.
• Possesses good administrative skills.
• Be prepared to travel
• Mitigate interference on 5Ghz frequency
• Be computer literate (MS Windows, MS Office) and a self-starter.
• Fall Arrest certification would be advantageous.
• Monitor the existing radio frequency network and ensure maximum availability, with minimum downtime.
• Supervise the maintenance, repair and upgrade of the existing radio frequency network, of high sites and repeater sites.
• In consultation with the Network Planning Personnel, identify areas where RF coverage is inadequate and commission new sites in these areas.
• Manage an effective preventative maintenance plan, pertaining specifically to the radio frequency network.
• Supervise the installation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of the network of telemetry field units, used to tests customer’s vehicles.
• Manage an effective inventory control system, relating specifically to the various components of the radio frequency network.
• Manage configuration control and engineering change procedures and documentation.
• Manage all fixed assets relating to the network, and ensure that they are maintained in a serviceable condition at all times.
• Ensure that any work carried-out to the radio frequency network is completed in the most cost effective manner.
• Liaise with internal / external customers on issues pertaining to the radio frequency network.
• Assist with new developments and modifications, pertaining to the radio frequency network.