- We require a technically-minded Project Specialist to join our dynamic team at our Cape Town office. The ideal candidate should have a passion for converged technologies and a basic understanding of computer systems and networks.
- Duties include overseeing advanced system configuration for new orders, and working with the sales, operations and development teams to understand and deliver systems that meet customer requirements.
- Experience with computers, network and media related hardware is a plus.
- Typical day-to-day duties include managing current projects, handing over finalised projects to the Support Team, working closely with the Finance Team and Development Team to ensure that customer expectations are met. You will be in constant contact with internal and external stakeholders throughout the preparation, delivery and installation processes.
- Strong communication skills are advantageous as well as a willingness to learn new skills and gain understanding of new technologies. The ideal candidate should have a systems-oriented approach towards working with interconnected solutions.
- As our client base is made up of mostly retailers, after-hours and/or weekend work is occasionally required, usually with advance notice. Due to the critical nature of our services, at times advanced notice is unavoidable.
- South African citizen
- No criminal record
- Matric / Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project coordination
- Understanding of and familiarity with Agile work practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Passion for IT and leading technologies
- Great communication skills
- Responsible, independent thinker with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Honest and reliable, with a clear sense of responsibility and accountability
- Willingness to put in extra time when required
- Valid driver’s licence (code 8) and own vehicle essential