Project Manager – Level 1 (SDLC)
Our client is currently seeking to recruit a Project Manager – Level 1 (SDLC).
Key Responsibility Areas
Initiation and Planning
• Accountable for end-to-end project planning and a Project Management Plan – including plans for
• Scope, Communication, Risk & Issues, Cost and Stakeholder Management.
• Responsible for the Charter and defining and agreeing the high-level scope, milestones and initial risks
• early in the project.
• Responsible for defining the Project Benefits, Measurements and Critical Success Factors in the
• Responsible for defining roles and responsibilities for the project team and stakeholders (RACI) in the
• Responsible for setting up the Project Governance and Systems to effectively manage the project.
• Accountable for creating, implementing and maintaining the Project Schedule and obtaining approval from relevant stakeholders.
Executing, Monitoring and Controlling
• Accountable for proactively tracking the end-to-end project schedule and driving corrective action where required.
• Accountable for stakeholder management regarding the project.
• Responsible for proactively managing risks, issues and dependencies on the project.
• Responsible for proactively managing change – including Time, Cost and Scope changes.
• Responsible for executing on the Project Communication Plan and ensuring the relevant stakeholders are kept informed.
• Responsible for tracking project decisions made on the project.
• Responsible for monitoring costs on the project, as required by the Business Unit.
• Responsible for supporting Product Owner in quality product delivery.
Accountable for project status reporting as defined in a Communication Plan or as required by the Business Unit.
“Operationalise (Pre-Go Live, Go Live and Post Go Live)”
• Responsible for execution and communication of Deployment Plan (Pre-Go live, Go Live and Post Go live tasks).
• Responsible for arranging training for production teams to allow them to support the product / project
• after go-live.
• Responsible for arranging training for operators to allow them to use the product after go-live.
• Responsible for engaging and communicating with external stakeholders.
• Responsible for ensuring resourcing availability for go live monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Accountable for measuring the delivery of project objectives and benefits, including Critical Success Factors as defined in the Charter.
• Responsible for facilitating Lessons Learned sessions and collating all the feedback.
• Responsible for prioritising improvements from Lessons Learned and ensuring action owners are assigned and informed.
• Responsible for driving improvements by following up with action owners from the Lessons Learned.
• Accountable for following the appropriate process for closing the project.
• Accountable for communicating project closure to all stakeholders.
• Responsible for assisting Business Units in getting any required benefits monitoring and reporting in place.
• Responsible for actively tracking and measuring Project Benefits, including Critical Success Factors.
Minimum requirements and qualification
Relevant tertiary qualification
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
• Excellent Communicator – written and verbal
• MS Office
• MS Project
• EPM experience an advantage
• Agile experience is an advantage
• “Experience in the end-to-end delivery of small to medium sized, low to medium complexity projects. ”
• 3 years Project Management experience OR 2 years project management experience and 1 year relevant
• Experience in a software or IT environment
• Basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or IT Delivery Cycle
• Basic knowledge of software or IT project management.
• Exposure to 1 or more PM Methodologies.