Project Manager – Contract
Provide pre-sales support
- There is an expectation for the PS project Manager to engage with the Pre-Sales & Sales teams in order to adequately scope and cost project solutions.
- The pre-sales scoping of the project would involve the completion of a proposal that includes the detailed task schedule, resource allocation and cost breakdown.
- They may be required to assist with the identification of opportunities through the business conversations that they have with clients, but their focus will remain on effective project delivery.
Manage project delivery
- The PS project Manager ensures that the project delivers the as-sold solution, remains within baselined budget and is delivered on time, while achieving quality criteria and maintaining client satisfaction.
- This individual will manage delivery of the project according to the PMBOK knowledge areas and in line with the company Primer methodology.
- This includes rigorous project scope control and management of change variations.
- They also communicate with key stakeholders regarding the status of their projects.
- Project set-up, resources and operations are efficiently managed, possibly with the assistance of the Project Coordinator or Administrator
Ensure client satisfaction
- The individual manages client satisfaction, commitment and expectations to high service levels and manages escalations adequately.
- They act as the single point of contact between the company and the client whilst taking accountability for all escalations relating to the project.
- These individuals also ensure that the Project team displays the right level of client engagement.
Project team management
- The individual needs to be able to lead teams effectively within a matrixed environment.
- They act as people managers and provide feedback to the relevant line managers.
- The PS project Manager ensures that the project team has access to the project management tools and have the general means to perform their role.
- These individuals will coach and mentor project team members and colleagues.
- As corporate citizens they are proactive and results orientated individuals.
- They display assertiveness and act as an example when it comes to client satisfaction.
- The individual possesses advanced communication, influencing and negotiating ability.
- They display confidence and the ability to manage large teams of people.
- They are detail focused with problem solving ability.
- Strong business acumen and a good understanding of general technology concepts are required. The individual works towards advanced project management certification.
- The individual is competent in project change management. The individual has a good understanding of project life cycles and takes responsibility for all aspects of the projects.
- The individual will be required to promote project services to both external and internal clients.
- Project Management Professional (PMI PMP) – Project and Program Management