Project Coordinator – Contract
- The Project Co-Ordinator is a client facing position that provides project administrative assistance to a Project Manager, Programme Manager and/or project team during the delivery of simple and complex projects and programmes.
- The individual, under the guidance of a more Senior Project Manager, may also be responsible for delivery of transactional and simple project types or projects as defined in the company’s Primer methodology.
Provide administrative support
The individual provides project administrative assistance. These activities will include, but not limited to:
- Project administration – all administrative functions related to projects
- Schedule management – maintaining an up to date project schedule
- Documentation and report preparation – collating and preparing all project related documentation and reports
- Meeting arrangement and documentation – providing general administrative support, co-ordination of meetings with a variety of stakeholders, including vendors and managers and the booking of meeting rooms
- Cost tracking – assisting with the monitoring of cost related projects by tracking invoices and payments in relation to the project budget and monitoring costs against the budget
- Resource allocation – assisting with the allocation of project resources
- Third party management – co-ordinate the relationship with third parties for the delivery of resources and contractors when necessary.
Manage project delivery
- Under the guidance of a Senior Project Manager, the Project Co-Ordinator adheres to and ensures that the project delivers the as-sold solution, remains within baselined budget and is delivered on time, while achieving quality criteria and maintaining client satisfaction. This individual will manage delivery of the project according to the PMI knowledge areas and in line with the company’s Primer methodology. This includes project scope control and management of change variations. They also communicate with key stakeholders regarding the status of their projects. Project set-up, resources and operations are efficiently managed, possibly with the assistance of the Project Administrator. The individual is able to liaise with clients and capable of managing several transactional engagements or simple projects simultaneously.
- The individual has a proactive approach, pays attention to detail, has good verbal and written communication skills and has a client service orientation.
- Project Co-ordinators demonstrate an understanding of the project environment and stakeholder interests.
- The Project co-ordinator needs to have a fundamental understanding of business and project processes, structures and control requirements.
- The individual has a good understanding of project life cycles, and takes responsibility for all aspects of the projects.
- This individual works towards the achievement of CAPM certification.
In this position you will be required to:
- Provide project administrative assistance to Project Managers, the PML and project teams.
- Manage delivery of the project according to the PMI knowledge areas and in line with the company’s Primer methodology.
- Ensure that the project delivers the as-sold solution, while achieving quality criteria and maintaining client satisfaction.
- Liaise with clients and ensure client satisfaction.
- Entry level certification in Business or Project Management
- CAPM certification preferable Requirements
- At least 2 – 5 years’ working experience
- Minimum 2 years’ project co-ordination / delivery experience, preferably technology services environment
- Proven client engagement experience
Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a fundamental understanding of business and project processes, structures and control requirements
- Competent in project change management
- Ability to provide project support with limited guidance for multiple projects
- Ability to co-ordinate the relationship with (third) parties for the delivery of resources and contractors when necessary
- Able to liaise with clients and has a service-oriented aptitude
- Capable of managing several transactional engagements or “simple” projects simultaneously
- Displays a proactive approach
- Shows good attention to detail