Principal Security Engineer
Experience & Qualifications:
- Information Technology Degree
- CCIE Qualification Experience
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience
- At least 8 years’ experience as a Technical Team Leader within a large scale (preferably multinational) technology services environment
- Previous experience in the operational management and monitoring of multiple customer security environments
- Proven experience and expertise within all areas of network security technologies, vendor products and security governance
- Experience in Cisco (Firewall, IPS, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN), Palo Alto (UTM), Check Point, Bluecoat (Proxy / Reverse Proxy)
- Experience with McAfee IPS / Epo & F5 (LTM, ASM,APM
Personal Attributes and Skills Required Skills and knowledge
- Possess strong knowledge and experience of complex networks and troubleshooting methods
- Demonstrate solid understanding of vulnerabilities, threats, risks, compliance and other aspects of security governance
- Display a strong client service orientation
- Demonstrate specialist infrastructure knowledge
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, co-ordination and problem solving skills
- Display a strong client service orientation
- Strive to meet and exceed SLAs at all times Attributes
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well to stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret the complexity of technical problems
- Possess the ability to work unsupervised as well as being able to work as part of a team in a pressured environment
They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts. Where software is a component of the solution they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors
The Security Engineer (L4) / Team Lead identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur. He or she will log such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary. They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and company colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests
They investigate second line support calls assigned to then and identify the root cause of incidents and problems. They ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests. This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members. They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary. They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 3rd line support team.
Ensure continuous feedback
They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by company procedures.
When required they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk. They assist in analysing, assigning and escalating the support calls. They also provide telephonic support to clients where required.
- They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
Security Engineers (L4) are also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes. They identify failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
Security Engineers (L4) are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by company and the client when relevant. Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
In this position you will be required to:
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when it occurs and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Provide regular feedback to affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by company procedures.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required.
- Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
- Produce breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.