POS Solution Architect | IT Recruitment
As a recognized authority in Point of Sale (POS) solutions, covering payments, billing, ordering, sales monitoring, multi-channel support, loyalty programmes, returns and pricing, cashier management etc., the solution architect strategically advises and shapes requirements for POS solutions and creates high-quality data, application and technology architectures in support of the business requirements and leads the realization of the design into the final solution implementation. Deep subject matter knowledge of POS-related technologies as applicable to the retail industry is essential.
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
- 7 -10 yrs. working experience within the IT industry
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with architecting POS Platforms
- 3 years’ experience with implementing POS solutions
- 5 years of Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes
- 5+ years worked on projects across multiple applications, SAP and non-SAP
- 5+ years of Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis, and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 5+ years Excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well-designed complex enterprise-class systems.
- 3+ years Excellent technical development and be able to mentor others to improve their design and development skills.
- 5+ years Identification and formulation of solution architecture and solution alternatives and their assessment.
- 5+ years Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
- 2-3 years Lead a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects and other members of the software development team.
- 2-3 years’ Experience with current research and standards in Solution Architecture.
- 3+ years’ Experience in high volume data and file processing, in real-time and batch integration environments.
Define and continuously improve the POS architecture framework and solution architecture modeling standards:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business strategy and changes to business priorities.
- Define a structured POS architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Architect the next-generation POS framework developed on a group of core technologies.
- Align to the enterprise data reference architecture in support of the enterprise and regulatory information governance needs such as Information Security, Enterprise Information Management, POPI, PCI, etc.
- Identify, define and communicate standards, guidelines, formats, meta-models, policies, best practices, and governance practices for POS architectures and designs.
- Ensure that the POS architecture approach integrates into the methodologies and processes of the rest of the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Stay abreast of best practices and/or new developments in POS technologies and related disciplines and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
Define and create solution-level POS architecture models that are aligned with business blueprints, non-functional requirements, delivery constraints, data, application, and technology standards:
- Analyze business requirements and create related POS architectures and designs for the baseline (“as is”) and target (“to be”) solution architectures.
- Define POS architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Perform quality assurance checks on POS architectures and designs and enforce quality compliance criteria to set policies and standards.
- Perform quality checks on existing POS architectures and designs to identify potential business risk areas and make re-engineering recommendations.
- Ensure POS security conforms to Information Security Governance policies and standards.
Provide expert POS guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the POS technology standards, and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee:
- Be clearly identified as the POS technical lead and provide technical guidance and leadership in proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and BI project teams.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to development teams to ensure high-quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test, and deploy phases that conforms to architecture principles and standards.
- Mentor senior developers/designers/business analysts to become Solution Architects. Define and develop the overall POS architecture landscape in partnership with the Domain Architect, Data Analytics team, and other Solution Architects.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with architecture principles, the architecture framework, cloud reference architectures, set technology standards, and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect to POS solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry best practices and standards.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA, etc.)
- S/W frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.)
- Solid track record in successful delivery solution architecture
- Commercial & business understanding of retail industry desirable
- Experience using RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases