They are looking for a PHP developer who is dedicated to his craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running. They need you to write beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
The primary focus of this position is the development and maintenance of software that supports multiple corporate clients and large consumer facing digital platforms.
To make it the team, you need to be a highly motivated, innovative individual with a strong understanding of PHP and relational databases. You have the ability to interpret and perceive requirements, work independently and get the job done.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- A BSc degree or relevant IT diploma.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in developing high volume applications which are scalable, secure and real-time.
- Proven knowledge of Object Orientated Programming and development Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with experience in coding of website components with a firm grasp of Open source technologies.
- Experience in the use of frameworks (Zend).
- Solid experience in MySQL Database development.
- Writing, testing and implementing programs.
- Ability to source/develop appropriate solutions to problems.
- Multi skilled and willing to learn and apply new technologies and languages.
- Ability to work alongside Architects to integrate and propose viable solutions.
- Experience in working as part of an Agile team.
- Resolving queries and bugs.
- Some exposure to mobile development in the web environment an advantage.
- Experience in perl and ecommerce solutions advantageous.
- You should be technically competent and equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to work in a very agile environment.
- You want to join an energetic, focused and dynamic team.
- You have a can do attitude and a strong work ethic to prove it.
- Positive outlook on life.
- End user orientated / focused.
- Enjoy having fun at work.