Network Services Consultant | IT Recruitment
Under direct supervision performs simple, onsite hardware, software and peripheral updates and repair in an organization. Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of computer systems and peripheral equipment located throughout the organization. May maintain an adequate spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems and component parts used in repair work. Prepares progress reports for all work performed.
- National Diploma in IT or Similar
Years of Experience
- 2-3 Years desktop support experience
- Linux system administrator skills
- MPLS & IPsec VPN
- FW Experience Checkpoint
- ACI UP exposure, transaction switching.
- Azure hosting knowledge
- Red hat & PostgreSQL
- SQL knowledge
Attending to calls logged on service
- Where applicable, prepare new terminals for key injection by loading relevant key injection software using a memory stick.
- Hand over terminals for key injection.
- Load the latest operating and customer software via ethernet to CMS/UMS.
- Prepare terminals for despatch by putting them into boxes in accordance with customer requirements.
- Ensure that there are Tamper evident stickers on all POS boxes before dispatching
- Apply your mind to always improving workflow.
- Develop documentation in line with compliance standards (incl. internal and external Audit results)
- Conduct quarterly documentation review – IT operations (against ISO271001 and ITIL guidelines)
- Quarterly review of systems in line with documentation
- Prepare the quarterly remediation proposal for approval
- Ensure that approved remediation action has been successfully implemented
IT Systems Onboarding and Terminations 2
- Onboarding / terminating employees in line with new user and termination forms
- Ensure tools of trade are procured and available for new employees
- Set up the tools and access to systems for new employees
- Upon termination, collect the tools issued and terminate on system in line with termination process
- Tracking of employee issued asset movement
- Attending to calls as logged on service desk
- Ensuring compliance readiness
- Responsible for IT system onboarding and terminations
- Responsible for IT System updating
- Process setup and improvement
- Security access system (Mobile forms)
- Wi-Fi APNs and routers.
- General network maintenance and issues.
- PBX Support.