Managed Services (MS) | IT Recruitment
- The Managed Services (MS) Operations Team Lead is the entry level job within the MS Operations Management job family.
- The MS Operations Team Lead is responsible for ensuring managed service is provided to all clients, to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational. This is done through proactively managing, overseeing, monitoring, investigating, and resolving escalated technical incidents and problems to ensure the restoration of these services to the clients to ensure compliance to the agreed service level agreement.
- Their primary objective is to ensure contracted Managed Services outcomes are delivered to the client.
- They assist with the building and support of delivering managed services and work with regional and local teams to meet business objectives.
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Relevant degree
- ITIL certification
- Relevant technical certifications
- Entry level experience in coaching and mentoring teams on a daily basis
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of continual service improvement in previous roles (through automation, process enhancements, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in organizational change management (transformational experience)
- Entry level experience in management of people, process and technology
- Relevant experience in Data Centre or Collaboration or Microsoft 0365 stack
Standard career level descriptor for job level:
- Work is pre-determined, with moderate level of control and review
- Directs subordinates to complete work within established guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Monitors daily operations of a unit or a sub-unit; checks work frequently
- Supervises semi-skilled employees or admin-type employees
- May also perform own work
- Requires full knowledge of own functional area
- Works on issues of limited scope
- Problems are usually easily solved
- Mistakes will cause schedule delay
- Interacts with subordinates or functional peers, usually around factual information
- Typically, S-band employees report into Team Lead level
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the work queues and provide support to client where the ticket is highly technical or sophisticated in nature
- Works independently, with general direction from the client, stakeholders, team lead or senior manager, to perform operational tasks to resolve all escalated incidents / requests in a timely manner within agreed SLA
- Provide support to all escalated incidents
- Share such knowledge, to resolve issues, document them and push the knowledge down to other engineers
- Act as emergency support contact as needed, for critical client and business impacting issues
- Ensures that the shift hand over process highlight any key escalated open tickets to be focused on along with a handover of upcoming operation critical tasks to be carried out in the next shift
- Timely escalation of all tickets to management with ensuing updates, where applicable
- Proactively identifies, contributes, implements, and works with automation teams for effort optimization and automating routine tasks
- Systematically gather relevant information and apply technical knowledge to analyses and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices
- Use operational and diagnostic procedures to resolve escalated tickers in unique and complex client environments
- Coach Service Desk, Operations Centre and L4 teams offering technical expertise and pushing work down to other engineering teams
- Performs quality audits, covering process, service experience, ticket updates etc. as required
- Drive service delivery to clients from the Operations Centre and / or CoE
- Apply standardized service management service operations (SMSO) to deliver managed services
- Provide operational support and continuous service improvement post client handover from TS (or other) teams
- implement training and development initiatives for direct reports
- Engage with clients for technical operations as part of routine operations
- Constantly measure and analyses team’s delivery capabilities
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated organizational and team leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Ability to understand budgets and cost management
- Effective time management and prioritization of work
- Ability to delegate work across the team
- Excellent focus on client centricity
- Highly focused on business outcomes
- Ability to guide the team through transformational objectives set out by the business
- Ability to communicate and work across different cultures and social groups
- Ability to work well in a pressurized environment
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Oversees the technical support of company customers by field engineers, technicians, and support specialists, who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing one or more of the following:
- Complex electro/mechanical equipment, sophisticated computer systems, software systems/applications, or networking and wireless networking systems.
- Supervises engineers that respond to situations where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problems in non-functioning equipment systems or software.
- Establishes and maintains lines of communication with design engineering and software development on design, reliability, and maintenance issues.
- Ensures that engineers are current with the latest upgrades and/or new releases.
- May be involved in customer installation and training programs.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.