Learning Experience Designer
Design and maintain innovative, engaging, experiential, high quality blended learning which meets the learning needs of the stakeholder and yields the envisaged skills transfer.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Post Matric qualification within an educational, Human Resource or Learning and Development field or equivalent
- Instructional design certification
- 3-5 years experience as an instructional designer (essential)
- 3-5 years experience as a facilitator or educationalist (preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in learning technologies and digital learning tools (essential for e-learning)
- Learning and digital media courseware e.g. Storyline, Captivate, Photoshop, GoAnimate etc
- Knowledge of adult education principles and design methodologies such as ADDIE or SAM.
Responsibilities and work output:
- Engage with stakeholders and SMEs to complete a comprehensive needs analysis to determine learning need and methodology.
- Develop a project plan for the end-to-end design and development process and ensure that project milestones and delivery dates are met.
- Conceptualize and design the broad learning intervention using principles of agile and iterative design and ensuring that stakeholder engagement remains ongoing and continuous.
- Develop innovative, high quality, engaging and experiential learning content as well as all supporting material, multidisciplinary tools, resources, media and learning aids for the intervention.
- Determine criteria used to evaluate a learner’s competence and develop suitable assessments instruments in line with Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Ensure that the relevant learning objectives have been achieved through the programmed design (return on stakeholder expectation).
- Collaborate with the delivery team and stakeholder to develop and conduct a Train the Trainer for the facilitators of the learning intervention.
- Obtain ongoing and regular feedback from facilitators as well as stakeholder and business and make necessary updates to ensure the content remains current.
- Ensure efficient version control and maintain repository of all versions.
- Ensure that methodologies used in the design as well as the mode of implementation remain cutting edge and in line with developments within the specialty of L&D.
- Conduct a brief and engage with vendors where learning design is outsourced to a 3rd party and ensure that the vendor meets all requirements of delivery.
- Ensure that all learning material meets the required adult learning principles.
- Ensure that learning material is developed in the correct format to deploy in alignment with the group LMS capability and test through to roll out phase.
- Sound business acumen
- Conducting detailed L&D needs analysis
- Agile project management
- Time management skills
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- English proficiency and superior writing skills
- Proficiency in the application of Learning Management Systems and educational technologies
- Stakeholder relations