Lead Data Scientist
Develop models and provide insights to enable business decision making.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Preference for minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in quantitative analytics or data modeling
- 2 to 3 years algorithmic programming
- Proficient in R or Python (non-negotiable)
- Skills in Java, SQL, DCS, noSQL or postgresql (Advantageous)
- Identify and develop Predictive and Prescriptive Models to enable better decision making of business.
- Identify, understand and interpret data structures across various databases within the business to facilitate data analysis and continuous monitoring activities.
- Delve for insights in data and processes to help improve the business
- Contribute to the development of differentiated; superior solutions that meet stakeholder and business requirements through analysis; business requirements gathering and designs validation.
- Ensure product and/or solution design is congruent with the required business specifications through meeting stakeholder requirements timeously.
- Enable the realisation of the financial business benefits accruing including minimisation of operational costs by ensuring that solutions are implemented effectively.
- Model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Produce insight and recommendation reports and presentation
- Provide and compile data models to proactively identify risks within business, provide insight and to promote reuse and accuracy of reporting
- Perform data modelling to identify trends and patterns that highlight anomalies, identify relationships and tracking exceptions.
- Build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems by applying advanced statistical and predictive modelling techniques.
- Implement data management solutions that enable or enhance the data availability within the relevant systems
- Manipulate data through the various databases and conduct trend analysis using the relevant tools
- Contribute to the automation and continuous improvement of data and reporting processes.
- Define service practices which build rewarding relationships, encourage innovation and allow others to provide exceptional client service.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Select and recruit suitably qualified talent in line with Employment Equity principles and Company values
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect
- Business Acumen
- Lead Change and Innovation
- Drive for Results
- Impact and Influence