Design, develop, maintain and support a variety of Enterprise Java based systems for the business area.
Experience & Qualifications:
- IT, Engineering degree or National diploma
- Java certification (Preferred)
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in designing and developing applications using Enterprise Java experience
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Exposure to Object Oriented analysis and common design patterns
- Java and JEE design and development experience
- Experience in Insurance / Financial industry (Advantageous)
- Experience in implementing complex business solutions on a technically difficult enterprise environment
- Exposure to EJB, REST, SOAP, JPA, Gradle, Linux an advantage
- Exposure to Websphere application server, or Lightweight application servers an advantage
- Experience integrating with AS400 / iSeries / RPG legacy systems an advantage
- Design components and applications in accordance with specified architectural design.
- Write code or parameters to provide software components according to technical specifications
- Escalate live errors and service problems to the relevant stakeholders to limit downtime and resolve the problems immediately.
- Obtain business requirements for an IT solution and provide analysis for the requirements.
- Research an appropriate solution to the business requirements and provide recommendations.
- Meet all deliverables and objectives set out by the business within the agreed time.
- Mentor junior java developers to facilitate learning and growth and support the talent pipeline.
- Develop, enhance and maintain applications for the internal and external client base on specifications received.
- Define scope, work tasks and duration of IT solution based on business requirements.
- Design and write test cases for developer testing and document the system specifications.
- Use the appropriate programming language for development, programming and writing code whilst creating documents for these processes.
- Conduct necessary testing (Stress, Integration and Unit) to ensure viability and usability of solutions.
- Create the release by building the application, documenting it and setting up the configuration.
- Ensure solution is handed over for quality assurance and any changes are actioned.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Business Acumen
- Customer / Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness