- Analysing user requirements; measuring impact to current systems and defining technical specifications for requirements.
- Designs and develops applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of development strategy.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Java SE, Java Applets, Servlets, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging
- Retail POS would be an advantage
- Linux and Windows OS
- MS SQL / Oracle/ Postgres would be an advantage
- Min 3 years Java application development
- Sun Certified Java Developer
- Min 6 months experience in a retail environment supporting POS software
- Min 3 years experience on Linux and Windows OS
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Organisational – being able to plan, measure and execute
- Communication – having effective oral and written communication skills
- Administrative Skills
Behaviors / Attitude
- Attention to detail
- Dedication to Customers
- Problem Analysis
- Quality of Work
- Stress Management