IT Manager | IT Recruitment
At the company they have identified a need for an IT Manager to be part of the team. Working in the team of the COO, the IT Manager will direct, plan, coordinate and oversee the implementation of technology solutions delivered by cross-functional teams, in alignment with business objectives and operational requirements, ensuring consistency with the overall IT strategy.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant qualification in Computer Science / IT.
- 7-9 years’ IT experience
- 4-5 years’ management experience
- Insurance or financial services industry experience will be advantageous
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of business area’s specific technology environments
- Knowledge and understanding of database and networking principles and best practices
- Knowledge of COBIT and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge of Solutions Architecture and/or Enterprise Architecture
- Knowledge of data integration and warehousing tools
- Knowledge of life cycle design and development covering solution design, application design, development, testing and maintenance, network software, operating systems, multi-tier environments, desktop and work group software, middle-ware, server technology, fault tolerant environments, and development tools
Responsibilities and work output:
- Manage the cross functional teams responsible for deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and office automation equipment.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Contribute to defining and implementation of IT policies, procedures, and best practices to support the implementation of strategies set by the company IT community, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Lead the business area’s operational and strategic IT planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organist and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Oversee the provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services to ensure services are running optimally.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives as and when needed.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment to ensure assets are correctly accounted for.
- Identify needs for upgrades, configurations or new systems and discuss requirements with the Chief Operational Officer in line with business requirements.
- Select software, and complete configuration and integration in a manner that is scalable to meet the company’s needs.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software and ensure all IT systems are safe and secure.
- Collaboratively design solutions that fit and promote efficient business processes and deploy solutions timely and accurately.
- Provide authoritative expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the process of negotiating objective and realistic service level agreements, monitor appropriateness and recommend adjustments.
- Define service practices which builds rewarding relationships, encourages innovation and allows others to provide exceptional client service.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energies employees, give meaning to work, minimize work disruption and maximize employee productivity.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behavior, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organizational values.
- Select and recruit suitably qualified talent in line with Employment Equity principles and the company values.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Execute effective workforce planning practices to ensure that staffing requirements are accurately forecasted.
- Identify employee growth and development needs and schedule interventions to enable ongoing development, training and personal growth.
- Effectively manage performance within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team.
- Implement and compile budgets to minimize expenditure in alignment with tactical delivery plans.
- Control the budget for area, including the authorization of expenditures and implementation of financial regulations.
- Manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy.
- Plan and implement a cycle of medium-term improvements to drive pricing of services and products.
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance policies in own practice area, to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Investigate reported wilful acts of non-compliance to organization policy and practice and report on findings.
- Providing insights
- Making decisions
- Managing tasks
- Generating ideas
- Directing people
- Taking action
- Interacting with people
- Empowering individuals