The main purpose of this position is to build and support the Global Infrastructure environment that enables the business to perform their day-to-day activities. . This role involves monitoring systems, troubleshooting issues, implementing upgrades, and ensuring the overall reliability and performance of IT systems. Additionally, the analyst will actively participate in and lead infrastructure-related projects to enhance and expand the organization’s IT capabilities. This is a highly technical role where your duties will include hands-on delivery of day-to-day tasks and providing technical guidance to users.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BSC IT, BTech, or equivalent
- An understanding of SQL Databases (advantageous)
- An understanding of Cloud Technology (advantageous)
- Understanding of GDPR / ISO27001 / POPI advantageous
- Support and maintain applications within the scope of the position
- Comply with standard processes and procedures documentation
- Diagnose and analyse problems in a timely and professional manner
- Execute tasks assigned by team leader or via service requests assigned to team
- Monitor all production application components to ensure high availability
- Contact development teams to assist in incident resolution in relation to system alerts
- Maintaining relationships with key strategic partners and customers
- Identify opportunities for process, systems and application improvements in a dynamic environment architected to solve problems and improve processes
- Act as an escalation point for regional IT problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Hard working and dedicated
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Business Process Modelling Notation o General knowledge of software development lifecycle
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Windows Server technologies
- Server virtualization o Active Directory Domain Services
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Understanding of GPO (Group Policy)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft 365 suite
- Vulnerability management
- IP Routing and Switching technologies (advantageous) o Firewall Administration (advantageous)
- MS Cloud (Azure, Exchange Online, Entra ID) (advantageous)
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) or other Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience (advantageous)
- PowerShell (advantageous)
- Exposure to Visio (advantageous)
- 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 13kgs.
- Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.