Information Security Analyst
Provide frontline defense of networks protecting information from unauthorized access and violations by analyzing and assessing potential security risks and escalating for further analysis. This is inclusive of penetration testing and vulnerability management
Experience and Qualifications:
- Security certification e.g., CISSP & CISM (essential)
- Qualification in information technology or related domain (preferred)
- Preferable: CEH or related qualification
- 1-2 years’ experience related experience
- Experience with Information Security Governance, Operational Information Security.
Responsibilities and work output:
- Reviews security alerts to determine relevancy and urgency and take appropriate action to mitigate risk.
- Runs vulnerability scans and reviews vulnerability assessment reports to assess and address vulnerabilities.
- Manages and configures security monitoring tools (netflows, IDS, correlation rules, etc.) to ensure optimal use and coverage.
- Contribute to the development and maintain of security policies, procedures, standards and awareness.
- Support other teams in the group and operations to respond to cyber incidents by providing research and analysis.
- Analyze threat information from a variety of internal and external sources to provide actionable intelligence to maintain and enhance the defenses.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery.
- Take ownership for driving own career development and the career development of team (where applicable).
- Actively create a positive work climate and culture to energies employees, give meaning to work, minimize work disruption and maximize employee productivity.
- Contribute to and drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, people growth and improvement and cohesiveness.
- Effectively manage your own performance and that of direct reports within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Be and encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team.
- Detail documentation on work performed
- Quality report writing on security assessment
- Business acumen
- Client commitment
- Drive for results
- Leads change and innovation
- Impact and influence
- Self-awareness and insight
- Diversity and inclusiveness